been to the GP

nearlybionic
nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
edited 13. Jun 2014, 07:15 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi
I nearly forgot that I had made a GP appointment, after all the stuff with my Dad. But I got there. I have been having more aches than usual, all over really, and feeling exhausted all the time, even if I do get a good night`s sleep. My physio had mentioned fibromyalgia, and so I asked the doc what she thought. She pressed all the tender points and all but one are sore. She discussed my medication and said to up my Gabapentin as I don`t want Amitriptiline. I have had bloods taken to rule out anything inflammatory.
I haven`t really read up about Fibro before, but must admit I fit most of the signs.
My Dad has his CT scan next week, and his pre op prior to surgery. I am up and down. I told the kids earlier, they were sad, but I tried to reassure them not to worry too much until we know more.
NB

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    It would have been all too easy to forget the appt. with all that's going on but it sounds to be a good thing that you remembered. I'm afraid I've not sampled the dubious delights of fibro so can't help there.

Well done on telling the kids. I know it wouldn't be easy.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Just wanted to send some Yorkshire Blokey Hugs.
    Xxx
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    I have Fibromyalgia, tis not much fun. I don't take anything for it but I have heard that Gabapentin is actually better than Amitrip anyway. Check out the NHS site and patient.co.uk for info on Fibro, they are informative, trustworthy and recommended by doctors.

((((NB)))) not surprised you're up and down with all you've got going on. I hope all runs smoothly for your dad.

Make sure to take care of yourself too. x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I am pleased that you remembered your appointment and I hope the extra gabapentin helps. I too have fibro but don't do anything about it because it's not that bad. I am pleased you told your children, this is a situation where the whole family should be working together to support each other. Take care. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello NB, sorry you are suffering like this..but its not surprising with everything you have going on..I have just had my gabapentin changed to pregabalin and you take less of it..hope you get some help soon and I will be thinking about you and your dad..(((()))) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • nearlybionic
    Hi
    Thanks DD, Starburst , Barbara, and Sticky
    tjt6768-thanks for the Yorkshire hug, and I am sending a Lancashire one back across the Pennines! ((())))
    I have upped my Gabapentin at night and have slept better, I am a little less stiff in a morning, BUT I have had a couple of days off work so maybe that is why??
    I have my appointment with the Pain clinic consultant in Monday (another appointment I had forgotten about! (Whoops!)) It has come at a good time, so I can discuss the Fibro symptoms with them.
    I have told a few more people about Dad`s diagnosis, a bit strange telling some people as my parents divorced when I was small, and some of my relatives on my Mum`s side haven`t seen him since my wedding (1992), so they say the right things but it is still odd as they don`t know him anymore.
    I am trying to keep busy, as it occupies my mind.
    Thanks for your support x
    NB
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    You have much to deal with, NB, and it seems to me you're dealing with it very well. Keep plugging away. ((()))
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • nearlybionic
    HI Sticky
    You have to keep going- no choice really! I am just looking day to day and trying not to look too far ahead or to think about what `might` happen etc.. It is hard, but I think I am a bit in denial really.
    NB