Oh my what an explosion of annoyance

Options
Turbogran
Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
edited 18. Jun 2014, 10:33 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi all well I really lost it today and exploded big time with the mobility shop about my rollator :shock: I am usually quite patient but today went beyond even my patience . was told on Monday that rollator had arrived a manufacturer and they would give a decision by Thursday having not heard by Three pm I rang shop to get update to be told he had just had a call from manufacturer to say they couldn't give him a decision until tomorrow or Monday Well I was so mad :x :x that I just went into one and told him To get back to them and tell them I wanted an answer today as if I waited till Monday It would be 3 weeks without it, and that I had proved to him that it was not fit for purpose It was now up to him to prove it to makers. and that if I did not get an answer today I would take it higher and would also involve the newspapers. and left him to make further contact with makers and come back to me. well just 10 -15 mins later he rings me and tells me he could not get the correct person who was dealing with it at the makers but if I would like to call into shop either tomorrow or Saturday he will give me a full refund irrespective of what the makers give him back. :D hey ho it pays to not be mr nice guy sometimes. :lol:
Stay positive always👍xx

Comments

• daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    It's shame you've had to go through all this. I suspect that the threat of making the matter public might have 'reminded' the retailer that it's actually his responsibility to deal with the issue, and that you should have been offered a refund at the outset.I hope you do get your money back - and not more delaying tactics
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    I am disgusted for you Carol, having to wait and do without your walker for so long, but good for you standing your ground and giving it to them...fingers crossed that you get a nice new one..x
    Love
    Barbara
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Well done for getting them to refund you. Presumably you will be able to get a new one straight away?

E x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • LisaW
    LisaW Bots Posts: 37
    Options
    Yes it does pay not to be Mr Nice Guy sometimes! Gosh, I am shocked at the way you were kept hanging on like that. Staff in a mobility shop should have more tact and understand of the clients they deal with day to day. Well done you for standing your ground and demanding an immediate result. And a good result it was - cash back! Are you going to stick with a rollator?
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    Options
    You've been so nice and understanding about all this, Carol, and it's a pity you had to raise the roof to get the retailer to do what he was supposed to do in the first place! I hope everything goes smoothly when you get your full refund. It would be nice if he also offered you some compensation for your patient wait and phone calls. :D
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Options
    Thank you all for your replies
    Yes I got the full refund off of another brand of rollator that was slightly more in price and shop guy reduced it buy more than the usual vat exemption amount. It was a pity I had to get so annoyed with him in the first place as he had really been so nice and when I went into the shop today he expressed his concern for my pain levels and told me to sit down while he attended to another customer and offered me a cup of coffee/ tea or a glass of water and he expressed how annoyed he was with the manufacturer and said he was quite expecting what happened between ourselves yesterday as I had been so patient and he gave me a better deal on the new one than I'd have got anywhere else so I agreed to the purchase of the new one. so yay I'm back to turbo power now. haha :lol::lol:
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Glad it has been sorted :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Good on you Carol, glad you got it sorted, there will be no stopping you know :D xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • LisaW
    LisaW Bots Posts: 37
    Options
    Wonderful news! Glad your back to 'turbo power' again. Good to know that the shopkeeper turned out to be a nice and sensitive guy after all. Enjoy your new wheels.