I'm seeking to return my arthritis to wherever it came from.

Starburst
Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
edited 23. Jun 2014, 11:38 in Living with Arthritis archive
As the topic says; I am looking for a method - any method - by which I can return my arthritis to wherever it came from.

I've had quite enough of Arthur. He is intrusive, he keeps me awake at night, he insists on attending all my social occasions and then behaves badly, he has massive tantrums when we go shopping, he absolutely hates walking, he grouches when I'm driving and so much more.

I have spent hundreds of pounds trying to get rid of him; everything from trying to beat him out with osteopathy to stabbing him out with acupuncture. Yet, he remains here; stubborn and grumpy.

I have tried looking for the receipt but it appears I didn't get one. I've googled to see if I can just drop him off at the post office but I've had no joy. I don't want my money back, I'm ok with cutting my losses - as long as Arthur leaves.

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    If you find the address let us know ...maybe we could all send ours back and chuck in on the postage...on a serious note sorry you are suffering..think this humid weather is not helping...
    Love
    Barbara
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Think we have all been had and didn't read the small print. Mig
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Sophie, I think Numptydumpty beat you to it on the Chit Chat forum a week or two back. She did her best to return hers politely but found it was nowhere near as easy as acquiring it.
    Starburst wrote:
    I've had quite enough of Arthur. He is intrusive, he keeps me awake at night, he insists on attending all my social occasions and then behaves badly, he has massive tantrums when we go shopping, he absolutely hates walking, he grouches when I'm driving and so much more.

Typical bloke :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Aah I will have to look at Numpty's thread on the off chance there is something I haven't yet tried.
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    Please let us know wen you find that particular rainbow hun :D
    Maybe parcelforce except it?? :wink:

Xxx xxX
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    When it's with you, it's with you. I cannot return it but I have stymied it by not having children (even though I made this decision 21 years before arthritis moved in). Arthritis will stop with me when I've gone and that gives me immense pleasure. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • DJB
    DJB Member Posts: 5
    Thank you, this thread made me smile :)
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    I tried dumping it in Crete but it kept coming back and annoying me at night saying 'are you awake?' until it woke me and gave me a good kick in the left hip!
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    I can identify with all that's been said :x :x :x :x
    Even tried selling on ebay (buyer collects of course),no returns!!!
    Ron
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)