A diagnosis - but I have no idea!

2»

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hope all goes well with the appointment. Let's know the outcome :)
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Lubs
    Lubs Member Posts: 155
    Hi,

The GP called and to be honest didn't seem concerned that I wanted to come off the morphine. So just said ok but to do it slowly. Which is fine with me.

As for the headaches he was surprised at himself for doubling the pregabalin to 150mg straight away, so has now prescribed a smaller dose of 25mg and wants me to SLOWLY increase the pregabalin to 150mg both am and pm. So I've stopped taking the double dose, and am back to 75mg.

I've actually spoken to my husband about what the GP said as he was there when my medication was doubled. We have decided that I will keep to my normal dose for pregabalin until I see my neurologist, the person who placed me on these tablets, hopefully in early August he can help me with the dosage.

In the mean time I'm slowly coming off the morphine. It's painful but worth it :)
  • Lubs
    P.s. Ive an appointment in 2 weeks so that I can ask to be referred to a pain clinic. :shock:
  • stickywicket
    Well done, Lubs :D I think that was a good appointment. You dealt with all the things you wanted to deal with and also ensured your husband knew exactly what was happening. You've also got your GP on board re the morphine reduction and got a plan for the pregabalin. By the time you get to ask about the Pain Clinic you'll be two weeks into your morphine reduction and that shows determination. It won't be easy. With many things there are periods of just treading water and consolidating. That's not failure just a realistic means to success.
    Steven Wright
  • Lubs
    Hi

I can't seem to shift these headaches. Every time I feel slightly better, I get up walk around but the pain starts just above my neck, at the base of the head. They go around the head on both sides and to the forehead. I feel like I lack the muscular strength to keep my head upright. Therefore, I only feel better when lying down.

Does anyone know of this with spondylosis? Or Fibro? I've continuously had these for two weeks and three days. I would be grateful for any advice.

• stickywicket
    Sorry, Lubs. I don't have spondylosis or fibro. If you think it's due to them maybe your rheumatologist could help or the neurologist. Do you have a neck collar that might help to support it for short periods?
    Steven Wright