Pocket duties again please.

kellerman
kellerman Member Posts: 741
edited 23. Jun 2014, 11:31 in Living with Arthritis archive
I have been told I must see the onco today a week before next chemo. So I have to go to the outpatients with all the bugs I'm trying to avoid and she just doesn't get it. On top of which they also want me to have a scan one week after next chemo so more bugs.
Maybe its just me being fussy but none of this makes sense.
I did speak to my GP on the phone who has given me my pain dullers etc and quite understands why I don't want to go in to see her.
I did 2 years in onco and we were very careful to avoid patients being in contact with any bugs that might affect there immune system before the next chemo. Just won't even be just chemo patients it will be a mixture of goodness knows what.Ireally don't have any choice as I need to see her as my eyes are still sticky and although the thrush has gone from my mouth I want to make sure she she prescribes the tablets for the next chemo as we have an argument about this due to budgets and she would be happier if the GP prescribed them.
Oh boy I feel rough enough this morning without dragging myself myself up to the hospital for 2.30.
This is my moan for today and now I'll bathe my eyes again and fondly hope you are all having a better day than me. Take care please. Love May xx

Comments

• Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I must admit this doesn't seem to make sense to expose you to the possibility of bugs in tbis way. It must make everything even harder when you feel you have to fight just to get tbe treatment you need. You can put me in your pocket
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I'm in May and bug-free to the best of my knowledge. You will be more aware than most of the antibac gel etc but I don't know whether or not your hands will cope with it right now. I hope all goes well. ((()))
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Sorry May think I have a virus don't want to add to your problems, I will be thinking about you, hope you get through this unscathed...............Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    I'm in as well May. Mig
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Oh the stupidity of this gets my goat (well, more precisely, one of my many goats). I have a long-held and very deep love for the NHS but it seems that at times it loses its reason. All I can suggest is taking a huge wad of anti-bac wipes and keep wiping everything within sight (including other patients :wink: ). Wipe anything before you touch or sit on it, and include her desk when you get in. I think I'm bug free but am coming along in a hazmat in case I'm not. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    I don't post often on your threads, but I am aware of your heartbreaking situation. I am bug-free and would happily be in your pocket as needed.

Take care,
    Anna
  • kellerman
    kellerman Member Posts: 741
    Not really sure she appreciated me as I kept wiping everything except her but not a bad appointment really. No scan until I have the last chemo and she prescribed eye drops and ointment and also the tablets for thrush in case I get it again.I told her if she gives me the tools to deal with the side effects I can cope.
    SW quite right about my hands I have very little skin on them and virtually none on the soles of my feet however I can cope with this as long as I wear cotton socks and gloves although I feel stupid having to do so in this heat.
    Just bought myself a very flattering scarf as the wig is too hot an itchy in the heat.Now to have some fun putting the drops in my eyes as obviously I can't trust John to even get close.You lot are wonderful but please use the sunsreen if you are out in this heat.....I'd hate for anything nasty to happen to you. Take care May xx
  • dreamdaisy
    She 'lives' with the theory - you are living with the ghastly reality so who cares what she does or does not appreciate? I know I don't. :|

I hope you can manage the drops - could his carers step in to help you? I freely admit that I don't know how these things work but if they could . . . . Your courage, humanity and humility hit me anew, I am struggling with psoriasis in some strange places but coping with a lack of skin in useful places? Who cares what the healthy think? For my money you are one brave woman. DD
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    I totally agree with DD, you are one brave woman.
    Good luck with the drops.
    (((()))) take care,
    Numpty
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi May
    I'm sorry I've been out all day and am only seeing this now
    It does seem particularly stupid.
    Good Luck with next appointments....UI'll be there if I know about them :wink:
    Love
    Hileena
  • stickywicket
    kellerman wrote:
    Not really sure she appreciated me as I kept wiping everything except her

Oh go on, May! Go the whole hog next time :lol: There in your pocket, I've never had my face washed so much for years :wink:

It sounds to have gone OK though for which I'm glad. I really have nothing to offer re eye drops. If Mr SW couldn't do such things for me I'd have to get a neighbour in. Not at all convenient – either for me or the neighbour. Well done on the scarf solution. It sounds much cooler.
    Steven Wright
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,900
    Hello May
    you wipe what you want when you go anywhere it's keeping you safe from germs that's all that matters.
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • dreamdaisy
    As usual our lovely dachshund hits the nail on its head. Who cares what the healthy think about our behaviour? :? I suspect they would crumble with a mere one hundredth of what you are facing; I know I would. ((( ))) DD
  • stickywicket
    Hello May. I'm thinking of you. (((())))
    Steven Wright
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,900
    Hello May
    i hope everything goes well for you.
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello May sorry I'm late seeing this I was away for a few days..I love the thought of you going round the room wiping it down...good for you..you are such an inspiration ..good luck with the chemo will have everything crossed for you (((())) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Hi May
    sorry i have missed this thread but not been online recently.
    You did right! You have to look out for yourself, and who cares what anyone else thinks. I hope you are managing with the drops. I wish i could help x
    Thinking of you x
    NB