Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

Ankle Replacements

Kareyan3Kareyan3 Posts: 11
edited 20. Jun 2014, 10:46 in Say Hello Archive
Hi
Just wondering if there anyone on here that has has an Ankle replacement, as it looks like I might be having one done...but I'm very unsure as it's not as common as hips and knees...would really love some feedback on this. Thanks :P

Comments

• dreamdaisydreamdaisy Posts: 31,567 ✭✭✭
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello, it's nice to meet you but I am sorry you have had to find us. Not many people look in on this part of the forum but if you re-post on the Living with Arthritis board on here hopefully someone will spot it who may have experience of this - I haven't so cannot directly help. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicketstickywicket Posts: 25,993 ✭✭✭
    Hello kareyan3 and welcome to the forum. You're right – ankle replacements are nowhere near as common as hips and knees. I have a full set of the latter but did the surgeon out of a job with the ankles as they fused themselves.

I suggest you post this query on the Living With Arthritis forum where more people are likely to see it. I know there's at least one thread on there about it and I'll try to bump it up near the top. I think it's called 'Total Ankle Replacement Update'.
    “There is always a well-known solution to every human problem - neat, plausible, and wrong.” H.L. Mencken
  • Kareyan3Kareyan3 Posts: 11
    Thank you :D