Ankle Replacements

Options
Kareyan3
Kareyan3 Member Posts: 11
edited 20. Jun 2014, 10:46 in Say Hello Archive
Hi
Just wondering if there anyone on here that has has an Ankle replacement, as it looks like I might be having one done...but I'm very unsure as it's not as common as hips and knees...would really love some feedback on this. Thanks :P

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello, it's nice to meet you but I am sorry you have had to find us. Not many people look in on this part of the forum but if you re-post on the Living with Arthritis board on here hopefully someone will spot it who may have experience of this - I haven't so cannot directly help. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    Hello kareyan3 and welcome to the forum. You're right – ankle replacements are nowhere near as common as hips and knees. I have a full set of the latter but did the surgeon out of a job with the ankles as they fused themselves.

I suggest you post this query on the Living With Arthritis forum where more people are likely to see it. I know there's at least one thread on there about it and I'll try to bump it up near the top. I think it's called 'Total Ankle Replacement Update'.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Kareyan3
    Kareyan3 Member Posts: 11
    Options
    Thank you :D