pulling sensation in arms

Options
CAMPBELLAM1
CAMPBELLAM1 Member Posts: 2
Hi. I was recently diagnosed with impingement in both shoulders (acromioclavicular arthritis). I have a horrible, pulling sensation in both arms. Can anybody tell me exactly what is causing the pulling sensation? Thanks.

Amanda

Comments

• helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,494
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Dear Amanda,

Thank you for your post to Helplines. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this sensation from your shoulders. We are not medically qualified so we can give you information, but we cannot give individual medical advice.

Depending on the kind of arthritis that you are affected by the information will be different. If I were to guess I might suspect that you may be talking about degenerative changes / osteoarthritis (oa) - am I right? In that kind of arthritis the body may try to grow bone in an attempt to heal the arthritis. Unfortunately the bone growth can be rough and catch on tissues in the joint and sometimes catch on nerve fibres leading to odd sensations of pain.

Would you like some information about self managing shoulder pain and (oa?) if so please reply with your details to helplines@arthritiscare.org.uk or if you'd prefer do ring our free phone 0808 800 4050 10am to 4pm weekdays.

I hope that's helpful

Guy