Feeling so hurt and upset

Options
2»

Comments

• Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I think your plan sounds very sensible and I think it is a good idea to speak to your union, even if they don't have to get formally involved at this stage they can give you advice and then will be in a good place to get more involved if needed.

I think as with so much, the extent and the way in which managers deal with issues around illness/disability etc varies from those with no understanding or wish to learn, to those who will do the minimum and do it grudgingly, to those who will really do all they can to support, listen and ask sensible questions. I am lucky in that my current headteacher is in the last category now that I need support, as some of my previous heads would not have been so good.

Keep strong, have a good weekend and keep us posted on how things go. You are being very strong in dealing with this and remember that as well as this being for your benefit hopefully it will help to change attitudes towards disability in your workplace.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich