Flare up's

Options
JonnyG
JonnyG Member Posts: 2
Hi I have had RA for the past 16 years which has been controlled with medication very well up until now, I had some very extreme flare up's over a period of 4 weeks , which my rhumatologist and GP treated with steroid tablets, steroid injections and painkillers. since then although the acute multiple flare up's have calmed down every day I have flare up's and always in different joints and i now think in ligaments and tendons as well. Is there anything I can ask my GP to investigate further to stop this as it is having a very negative impact on my life

Comments

• helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,490
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi JonnyG

Thank you for your post to Helplines. You say that although your flare up’s have calmed down, you’re thinking that they are effecting your ligaments and tendons. I’m sorry to hear that you’re feeling this is having a negative impact on your life, it can be so tough when experiencing pain and trying to lead life at the same time.

Just to let you know we are not medically qualified so we can give you information, but we cannot give individual medical advice.

I’m not too sure what else there would be for your GP to investigate, I can only suggest that you be as descriptive as you can to the sensations you are feeling in your ligaments and tendons. If you find these are occurring at specific times of the day, maybe note that as well. I am wondering if some physiotherapy could be helpful to you, maybe you could ask the GP about that.

Here is the link to the National Rheumatoid Arthritis Society: http://www.nras.org.uk/ that may be of interest to you.

If you would like to talk anything through please give us a ring on our Freephone: 0800 800 4050 (10am-4pm weekdays) here we can talk informally and in confidence, sometimes a non-judgemental, listening ear can be helpful.

I hope that’s helpful
    Best wishes
    Lynda