What a nelly

Options
mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 24. Jun 2014, 07:06 in Community Chit-chat archive
I have a new computer well it's new to me,have got a MacBook Air off my middle son ,I have been relying on my ipad to do stuff and while it's brilliant it's not a computer.So over the past week I have been getting used to using it ,I had a pc before and a lap top is so much different,I spent time looking for the slot so I could import my CDs onto it only to be told it doesn't have one :( and so after a few choice words daughter said you can use my hard drive :shock: ,you just plug it into one of the USB ports insert the disc and away you go,IT AINT AS EASY AS THAT,what nobody told me was that they don't work upside down well I didn't know it was upside down as the ap*le logo is on the bottom!what's the point of putting a logo on something if you can't see it :roll: anyway the discs kept ejecting themselves so daughter said she will have a look to see what was wrong and fell about laughing when she saw what I had been trying to do.Ah well you live and learn. Mig

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh Mig you have made me laugh.. :lol: don't worry I was looking for the CD drive on my GDs laptop...you can get them with but they are heavier... you will soon get use I am sure... :D xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Don't worry mig you are not on your own, we were not brought up with all this technology the youngsters were, it is a true saying these days give it to a ten year old and they will show you how it works :roll: I have had my smart phone for two years and only discovered the other day that I had quite a few albums on it(good ones at that), where did they come from who knows!! I am sure your daughter will sort you out............enjoy your new laptop.......................Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oh Mig! :lol::lol::lol: I am sitting here with tears of laughter streaming down me mush! Tekko-nology is a weird and wonderful world, I used to have some idea about it but over the years I've lost all confidence. I would like an Apple Mac though, they are gorgeous to look at . . . . . . DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    My son much prefers Macs. I'm a complete techiephobe. I can't manage to reach or press or shove in anything whether it's upside down or downside up. You are not alone, mig :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright