Lots of pain...

nearlybionic
nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
edited 2. Jul 2014, 03:20 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi
I have not been on here form a few days as I am struggling with my pain levels....inside and out. My back is really painful, but good news is I am waiting for SI joint injections now ( I am keeping optimistic that they will help me) I have had increased pain around my right hip, causing problems weight bearing at times, and I cannot lie on that side. And to top the outer pain off my neck is joining in the pain party, and causing pins and needles in my arms and hands.
I saw my physio today and ended up in tears trying to do one of the exercises he was showing me. My right hip felt like something was going to snap inside. He helped me up and said lets not do this one! He had noted my limp was worse and said I am very weak around my hips /pelvis. I had been trying to reduce the use of my stick as work don`t like it really. But he said I could do more damage lurching about! So back to the stick it is! **** what work think!
My inner pain is the dark cloud following me round, being on the brink of tears. My Dad has his pre op assessment later this week and has his surgery and first chemo next Tuesday. He had his CT scan and as yet have not heard any news about it. I am finding the waiting hard.
I hope you are all coping with the heat ok, does anyone with Fibro know if the heat makes things worse? as maybe this is part of the increase in pain too?
NB

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Oh lordy lordy, it never rains but it pours, yes? You are under some stress at the moment, NB, so it's no wonder that you are feeling things more acutely (and no, this blasted heat and humidity doesn't help, I too am having a miserable time at the moment). Who cares if work doesn't 'like' your stick? Would they rather you stayed at home? :? Nah, didn't think so. :wink: If you need it then use it - even better use two to spread the load.

Hang on in there, you have come so far but of course everything is up in the air now regarding your dad: these are not easy times for you, I appreciate that. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • jen9432
    jen9432 Bots Posts: 37
    Sorry to hear your pain is bad, it is so hard to live with chronic unrelenting pain. Life goes on. It does seem to take over everything else!! You need a distraction of some kind. I find when my pain puts me in that dark place, I have to get out, literally outside. Can you drive or get a ride and go to the ocean or a park?? Change your scenery? Those things help me. Perhaps a visit to your doctor for a re look at your pain management regimen. We are all here for you. :)
  • nearlybionic
    Hi
    Thanks DD- I had been using Mr NB as my stick when trying to limit the use, but again work don`t like me taking him in to lean on :roll: :lol: But seriously I feel a bit vindicated in needing to use it as people still say `oh are you still using a stick/crutch? I thought you had had your hips replaced now` And , yes, I have but I am not the usual case (who is?) and although some of the pain has gone not all as I have arthur in other places and the ? Fibro.
    Hi Jen
    Thanks for your reply. I do drive and lie to get out but I am limited in how much walking I can manage. I have been off work today and spent a little while sat in the sun, reading. But not too long as sitting for too long is not good either! I am flippin hard work!
    Thanks for your support x
    NB
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello NB
    I am sorry you are in so much pain, I really feel for you and I'm waiting the results of an MRI on the Sacroiliac joint ..I have never known pain like it..please don't feel you shouldn't be using a stick I am using crutches when out and a sick in the house...it must be so hard at work for you..I'm glad I am retired...and you have all this worry I do hope things work out for your dad..and will have everything crossed that his results will be good..(((())) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    NB I apologise as I'm in a rush and must log off but I couldn't go without sending you a few of my rare ones to tide you over ((()))
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • jeanniep
    jeanniep Member Posts: 42
    Hi NB,
    So sorry you have a double helping of pain - gentle hugs from me{{{}}}.
    Isn't it always the way when you are tense or sorrowing or just bloody mad at the unfairness of life that that tenseness/anger/sorrow just amplifies every physical pain? and then the physical pain rebounds everywhere and
    amplifies it again. Arthur just keeps on giving :(
    so get bloody mad if it helps, have a good shout or rant (you know we'll all join in with you) then put your "I am bloody cross and fed up" music of choice and take some deep breaths.
    You'll get through this. Just wish we could help more.
    Jeanniep
  • nearlybionic
    Hi and thankyou xx
    Barbara, I hope you get good answers from your MRI and they find something they can help you with. Thanks for your good wishes for my Dad. I just hope his cancer is just the one we know about and there are no more surprises.
    Sticky- thank you for the (())`s much needed and appreciated.
    Jeanniep- Thanks for your {{}}`s too I am always overwhelmed by the thoughtfulness of the lovely peeps here on this forum. I needed to talk this weekend but felt I couldn`t open up to one of my closest friends. I don`t know why really, but am so grateful that there is always an ear here.
    NB
  • barbara12
    NB you know were I am if needed..I went through this with my parents but many years ago...you try and take care of yourself in all this...(((()))) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    NB I'm so sorry that your suffering again so badly, work shouldn't put pressure on you to drop your walking stick as that's an aid that you need to do your job well with. I truelly hope you see some light at the end of the tunnel soon with your pain, Arther should give you a break after all you have already been through with pain. As for your employers I would stick two fingers up to them, my god you have already made it back to work for them, what else do they want from you? a kidney on a silver platter!! :x Sending you big (())'s
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    Hi NB,

I think your work need a kick up the backside personally. How dare they tell you wen you should be ready to walk without ure sticks/crutches ... Stick to ure guns huni, it's your body that's suffering by trying to live up to their wishes!!

I've got severe fibro & I suffer really badly in humid heat & rain. My PsA doesn't do well with humidity either ... I crave the dry heat of the Canaries!!! I really do empathize.

My Dad had prostate cancer a few years ago, a very agressive form, he beat it. I remember the waiting all too well!! It's tough going for sure, try not to let it consume ure thoughts tho. Stress will, of course, cause a fibro flare which is the last thing you need!! :(

Masses of ((((Hugs))))

Xxx xxX
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Sorry you are feeling so rough. I hope yesterday's sit in the sun helped.
    (((())))take care,
    Numpty
  • nearlybionic
    HI
    Thank you Barbara xx you have been a good friend on here for me .
    Thanks Bubbadog, good to see you back from your hols.
    Hi Debbie thanks for your reply. I have found my pain so awful recently and was surprised that the heat was making it worse. Good to see I wasn`t imagining it! I am pleased that your Dad beat his battle, I hope my Dad can do too. x
    HI Numpty, the sit in the sun was lovely, but I have been back at work today and am suffering again now :roll: I have taken some dullers and am hoping for a bit of relief.
    Work was good, I do like my job and enjoy meeting the lovely families (and the not so lovely ones too!!) but it is hard on my acheing body. I wish I could soak my bones in a bath, but alas it is gone-no more baths here just a walk in shower. I need a home hydro pool, and a lottery win to fund it!!
    NB
  • dreamdaisy
    Pain in itself is draining, exhausting and frustrating and those without it don't have a clue. I have dug out my arthritis wand just for you and am vigorously waving it towards your employers - they couldn't cope with one day let alone day-after-day of this malarkey. Chin-up, NB, you'll find your way through this, of that I am sure. DD
  • Bovey
    Bovey Member Posts: 25
    We all have our different ways coping with the pain. I divert my mind by reading or listening to books. Listening is better as you can move around and do stuff whilst listening. The brain apparently has difficulty focusing on pain if you give it another stimuli. It works for me but not all the time, depends how overwhelming the pain is. I am lucky enough to have a jacuzzi, eBay, and can be found in it at any point during the day or night. Wonderful pain reliever.
    Sounds like your work colleagues have bought into the media and government prejudice against the sick and disabled. Very few of us are genuine, apparently. The attitude today appears to be frighteningly similar to the 1940's in Germany. Very very sad.
    Do what your body needs, not what you are pressured into doing. Look after yourself. {{}}
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Hi NB.
    Just dropping in to leave you a load of YBH's
    (Yorkshire Blokey Hugs)

Xxx
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • stickywicket
    Hello again. How was today?
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    We're a couple of days on now, NB, so I echo Sticky; how's things? DD
  • nearlybionic
    Hi
    sorry I haven`t been able to post sooner, but here goes.....
    Work is still causing pain, well not working causes pain too so not much new to report there! I was offered a cancellation for my back injections but had to decline as it is when I need to take Dad in for his op.
    Speaking of which, please will you all be there to hold my hand and to send lots of positive vibes our way tomorrow as my Dad has his op tomorrow and his first chemo. I am driving him there for 7.30 am, but not sure where he is on the list? I have been reading up and think we will have another wait then for results of the stage and grading of his cancer.
    Thanks for thinking of me xx you are all fab!!
    NB
  • jeanniep
    jeanniep Member Posts: 42
    NB you have all our love and kindliness for tomorrow. Not sure if you want all of us in your pockets tomorrow, might bulge a bit, but take as many as you can fit in. Otherwise our thoughts will be with you and we'll all be rooting for you and your dad.
    Take care of yourself, too.
    Jeanniep
  • barbara12
    Thinking about you NB and your dad..many positive hugs and love coming your way...(((())) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    NB
    Thinking of you and your dad. I'm sure you will not mind bulging pockets :lol: Hope not because I'll be there with crutches :lol:
    Love
    Hilena
  • stickywicket
    I'll be thinking of you both tomorrow. I hope all goes as well as possible.
    Steven Wright
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    I'll be thinking of you both and holding your hand. I hope it goes well xx
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • stickywicket
    Thinking of you both today. (())
    Steven Wright
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Thinking of you both today, hope your pain is not being nasty today. Sending you lots of (())'s.