It's all go here.

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 26. Jun 2014, 08:48 in Community Chit-chat archive
I have scaffolders, roofers and a lovely young man replacing seven radiators. I am surrounded by men - DD likes this. :D
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    OK I have dropped everything and am on my way. Leave one for me, please :D (Preferably, a scaffolder. I could use a bit more scaffolding :wink: )
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    DD is greedy ,no way are you having them all ,I'm on my way as well.Mig
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    I am on my way... :D how many men are there :?: I could possible take on two :? has long as I don't have to climb scaffolding... :lol: will you supply the energy drinks :)
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    barbara12 wrote:
    I could possible take on two :? )

I don't think you should, Barbara. I'm only thinking of your poor back - and the rest of us 8)
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    What a vision. Have they had to remove shirts yet? Enjoy but I hope they are tidy workers. Are we going to get pics? I think you should share after all we don't want you over doing things again.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dreamdaisy
    I have made nineteen mugs of tea (including one for me) and one coffee. I have also served flapjack. One shirt has been removed but there's no 'phwoaaaar' factor. :( The roofers are still in situ but should finish by early afternoon; scaffers have left but should return later this afternoon to remove their magnificent erection. The young lad installing the radiators is very neat and tidy - his vacuum is going on a regular basis and the area around the first two replaced rads is immaculate - probably cleaner than he found it. :oops:

I must go and fire up the kettle again. This is tiring but necessary methinks. DD
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Oh borrocks!!!!! what have I missed it would have been good to have seen the magnificent erection before it was taken down. I hope you lot have not been on the wine, god help the work men :lol: I shall get all the juicy gossip later, lets hope there were no tassles or lycra involved :o
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • dreamdaisy
    The magnificent erection is still in situ as are the roofers: I suspect it's time for more tea, Vicar. :wink: I am shattered but the new garage roof is looking fabulous. My rad lad is off now to finish another job but he has replaced five of the seven - tomorrow he will do the last two then fire-up the system to make sure all is watertight and working.

I am very pleased that No.10 is being repaired in this way: bathrooms next and then re-roofing the bulk of the place, we have tiles falling off left, right and centre which is not good. DD
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    I will leave the fellas to you sprightly maidens. .
    :lol:
    enjoy. . Just not too much. Payback can be a beehatch :wink:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    barbara12 wrote:

I don't think you should, Barbara. I'm only thinking of your poor back - and the rest of us 8)
    Did say I would need an energy drink..and maybe some of the scaffold... :o:lol:
    barbara12 wrote:

Did say I would need an energy drink.. and maybe a loan of the scaffold... :o
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    I am down to just the one man, the lovely rad lad. He has finished installing the new ones and now the boiler is filling. Some treatment will be added to clean through, then the heating switched on to test etc. If all is OK he will drain the system and refill with added protector to help slow the development of limescale.

By the time the roofers left I had made 35 cups of tea (including one or two for me). I am still waiting for the scaffers to return so I can't go out because I don't know when they are coming and they will need access to the garden - I don't fancy leaving the outer gate unlocked when I'm not at home. Mind you, after yesterday's exploits I don't want to go far - bed sounds far enough. :wink: It's time for another cuppa. DD
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899
    Hello DD
    has one of the nice men offered to make you a drink.
    you are worn out making them one.
    take care dont try the scaffold.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • stickywicket
    That's why she's so tired, Joan. It wasn't making the teas, it was running up and down the scaffolding with them :wink:
    Steven Wright