No lycra

mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 10. Jul 2014, 15:08 in Community Chit-chat archive
Half a dozen cyclists have just sped down our road as i opened the door for oh who had been to the shops NOT one was wearing lycra :x Mig, GUTTED

Comments

• Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Not long till the tour de france starts and you'll be able to overdose on men in lycra. Do you live near any part of its uk route? Monday is set to be quite chaotic traffic wise on Monday as it comes through. Might go and have a look as it goes very close to where I live.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    First time it has ever been in Yorkshire..even Emmerdale have got in on the act... :D I don't live in Yorkshire but Mig it may be worth our while having a mini break... :D sorry you didn't see any this morning...Lycra I mean... :shock: :lol:
    Love
    Barbara
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Does that mean they were wearing nothing at all?
    8)
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    :shock: Will someone please chuck a bucket of cold water over Boomer. All this excitement can't be good for her :wink:

Mig – just sit quietly in a calm environment. I've booked the counselling for you :lol:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    I've just been talking to my friend who lives in Skipton. She says she's sick of the sight of Lycra, if she sees one more Lycra clad man she'll scream!
    Takes all sorts I suppose :lol:
    Numpty
  • stickywicket
    :o What sort of 'friend' is that? You clearly have very little in common.

I'm just back from rheumatology. We got 'stuck' behind three lycraed cyclists. I say stuck because Mr SW was all for overtaking them but I pointed out (repeatedly) how dangerous it would be. I think they were relatively new to cycling as the gear was all spanking new and the rear one (if you'll pardon the expression) was quite wobbly.They were very fit though :D
    Steven Wright
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Aww poor mig. I was a bit early the other day going for my treatment and on the way to the ward I bumped into my consultant who cycles to work in 'lycra' needless to say when they done my obs my blood pressure was through the roof :shock: xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • Boomer13
    Here I am all soaking wet now, thanks Sticky :roll:. Not a lycra-clad cyclist to be seen anywhere (sigh). It's terrible what you ladies have to put up with....
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    SPANKING :o did I read that right you were spanking cyclists in Lycra :shock: :mrgreen: Mig
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    What's all this about spanking cyclists and throwing buckets of water over them? There have been lots of cyclists around here recently too, with lycra. North of North Yorkshire (for the time being).
    Christine
  • stickywicket
    Mig, you're getting over-excited again. Sit quietly or else I'll have to get the straitjacket out :roll:

No cyclists were spanked in the writing on these posts. However, today is definitely lycra heaven in these parts and the only reason I'm not there watching is the necessity to be in place some 2-3 hours before they arrive and the fact that cars are banned from many roads. You can tell the route of Le Grand Depart by which roads don't have potholes.

Anna, I'm sorry but it did have to be done. You could borrow Mig's straitjacket next time if you prefer :wink:

I think it's on TV in a few minutes. Place your bets for the most spankable lycra, ladies :D
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    you can tell the route of Le Grand Depart by which roads don't have potholes..
    I did wounder about this.. :?
    Mig I don't remember reading about spanking...what sort of forum do you think this is.. :shock:
    Love
    Barbara
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    B*****y hell I'm all ears! :o :shock: :lol: :oops: :mrgreen:
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    My Neighbour over the road goes cycling ever morning dressed in his lycra! He must think his Lance Armstrong literally because the only way he can cycle further than down the road without taking performance enhancing drugs!! :lol:
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    So I hear they calls em MAMIL's which stands for middle aged men in lycra. :lol:
  • Boomer13
    I hear lycra is needed in the middle aged, to reduce wind resistance :wink: Or should that be production :o

So what are us ladies then? Must be MAWWMAMIL's....