Degree results day!

Starburst
Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
edited 6. Jul 2014, 02:42 in Living with Arthritis archive
I wasn't sure where to post this. It didn't feel like chit chat and technically, I did do my degree while 'living with arthritis'.

They're being released online but it hasn't been confirmed when and I am on edge. I know I have at least a 2:1 but I'm bordering a first, so it could go either way.

I can't be by the computer all day either :( as I have to go to the post office for something urgent and I have a brain MRI this afternoon. It was decided that I should have one to rule out anything in my head causing the vomiting. I'm a bit nervous about that too because I was born with a rare skull deformity and although it's highly unlikely, I'm worried it could be causing my symptoms.

Sorry, I am rambling....as usual! :lol: Any ideas of things I can do to keep myself occupied would be gratefully received. Normally, I'd eat junk food but I'm on a very low fat diet to see if it improves my GI symptoms so I can't do that!

Comments

• Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Good luck, you've worked hard under difficult circumstances, I'm sure you've earned a good result :D
    Maybe you could spend the waiting time looking for low fat recipes on the internet.
    Numpty
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,764
    Well, I'd have thought a brain scan is an example of 'extreme distraction' :wink: but Numpty's suggestion seems quite apt too. If I can't lose myself in cricket I tend to resort to computer games. Hey, you know you have a 2:1. Some of us had to make do with that :( Seriously, I do hope you get the first you more than deserve for sheer perseverance. Good luck with the scan too.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Starburst
    I'd be over the moon with whatever I got but knowing I'm on the border is so frustrating. I was struggling so much this time last year that all I wanted to do was pass, never mind the grade.

We've been told 5 p.m. now, so only 4 more hours to go. I'm off to the hospital for the scan and then I'm going to either go for a swim or walk the dog if isn't too hot. Need to burn off some nervous energy!
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Good luck with the results and the scan Sophie, just remember you got your job on what you have already achieved, yes, a nice long walk with the pooch should keep you well occupied............Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Good luck with everything. A big day in more than one way
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Well I would watch the tennis..it is very good..I really do wish you well with the brain scan..and I have everything crossed for your results, oh cant wait for you to find out... :D
    Love
    Barbara
  • Starburst
    They came earlier than promised. :o I got a 2:1 which is fab but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a tad gutted to have missed the First.

But.....I AM A QUALIFIED SOCIAL WORKER!!!!!!!!
  • Slosh
    Congratulations.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Well done Starburst we are so proud of you. Mig
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 780
    Many congratulations. You've worked so hard for this and deserve every success.

Meg
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Oh Sophie, I am so pleased for you. :D Now begins your professional life with all its challenges but, if anyone can meet them, you can, yes? A first hints at familiarity with theory but I reckon you will do a better job due to your reality. Go get 'em girl, go mend the world. Am I allowed to be proud of you? :wink: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    WELL DONE!!!!!!!! Sophie, the start of your new life. I hope this is the start of new beginnings health wise as well, we will always be here for you whatever. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! so proud of you, you deserve it.......................Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Superdoopertrooperstar! Well done you clever clogs. Smile til it hurts and never ever stop feeling proud of yourself. Your stood on the edge and about to take to your wings, enjoy taking flight, you worked so hard and fought so hard to keep going. Congratulations Sophie xx
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • Cariad71
    Cariad71 Member Posts: 99
    Well done! You should be very proud of yourself :D
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,764
    It's a well-known fact (among 2:1ers :D ) that all the best students get 2:1s. The firsts go to swots who never did anything but study so didn't get a rounded education. Well done, Sophie. I'm dead chuffed for you. I'm sure you'll be – sorry, you ARE – a brilliant social worker :D:D:D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Starburst
    Thank you for your kind words. You've really given my self esteem a big boost and you're all so supportive and lovely. THANK YOU!!

I'm totally over not getting the higher grade. Although of course, I am telling everyone that I was <this> close. :wink: I had a medical letter for extenuating circumstances and if I had got the higher grade, I'd always been wondering if I genuinely got the grade. I got my 2:1 on my own merit. I've had tonnes of support (much of it from you fabulous people) but the bottom line is that I did it!!!

I am over the moon today. It has suddenly hit me; I have a degree and a job. Even without my RA and my newly diagnosed Gastroparesis, it would have been a great achievement.

I have some fun celebrations coming up and I can't wait. :D
  • Slosh
    Enjoy your celebrations, you deserve them.
    Julian of Norwich