Ankle replacement

Options
Smig100
Smig100 Member Posts: 26
edited 7. Jul 2014, 04:10 in Living with Arthritis archive
I go in for my op Monday I am looking forward to it and then part of me is not. You see I had an ankle fusion done on my left ankle in nov 2012.so I know what is coming up.cant wait for it to be over and back at home. Hope they have a telly World Cup semi finals ontuesday and weds.this time I am having an ankle replacement done on my right ankle.

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I hope all goes well. You'll be familiar with the drill but there are always a few pre-op wobbles, aren't there? Good luck and do let's know your progress. I shall be thinking of you.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Options
    Hi Smig

Will be thinking of you Monday! I'm sure all will go ok,the waiting is usually worse than the event.

I went in one morning for my ankle replacement and came home the following evening.

I'm due to see my surgeon this Tuesday for my 3 year check up.

Please keep us informed!

Regards
    Ron
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • trepolpen
    trepolpen Member Posts: 504
    Options
    gl with the opp , at some point I am facing the same thing ,had triple fusions in both ankles , puts me off having the main joint fused as well because the problems driving , why did they chose to replace instead of fusing the main joint
  • Smig100
    Smig100 Member Posts: 26
    Options
    Had no trouble driving with fusion having ankle replacement so I do not lose up and down movement which I have lost with ankle fusion
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Good luck for today, I hope all goes smoothly and please let us know how you get on. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben