Husbands, you have to laugh

Options
Slosh
Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
edited 9. Jul 2014, 10:19 in Living with Arthritis archive
I was discussing my Access to work assessment with my OH today and how I hoped it meant things would be in place ready for my return to school in September.

He then said I could do some tutoring, I explained I plan to do this post retirement, which hopefully is about 7 years off.

He said, no you could do it in the evenings now!

I "politely" pointed out that with my Arthritis I was going to have enough on my plate managing to do a full time and demanding job.
He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
Julian of Norwich

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh dear :roll: How do you fancy your chances of tutoring your husband on the subject of Arthritis :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    You'd have thought that as this was after he'd been doing the chores I can't manage now he would be getting the message.

Ho hum. He'll learn.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    I've noticed this with my OH I don't know if any of you get this with your OH's one day they seem to understand things your telling them about your Arthritis and other days they seem to not understand what your telling them about your Arthritis. I think you call it selective hearing!
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    bubbadog wrote:
    I've noticed this with my OH I don't know if any of you get this with your OH's one day they seem to understand things your telling them about your Arthritis and other days they seem to not understand what your telling them about your Arthritis. I think you call it selective hearing!

Yes Bubbadog I get that all the time.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    My husband always wants to tell me how hard he finds a flare up and how much it frightens him which means I can never really open up to him about how I feel or how it's affecting me because then he REALLY would be afraid!
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter