Ron's got a new ankle (3 years on! Yes 3 years)

Options
prefabkid47
prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
edited 14. Jul 2014, 08:43 in Living with Arthritis archive
Many of you regulars wiil no doubt remember this thread and my postings on my op (and to allay the fears of those facing the same)............. :)

Been back to the hospital today for x rays and assessment 3 years on.The replacement joint is perfectly ok with no problems.
Lots of discussion on the expected life of the joint has raised numerous conflicting estimates.I asked the doctor and was told that if the joint is not abused then should last 'as long as you!'.This agrees with the answer given to me by the surgeon.

Regards Ron
''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)

Comments

• lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Ron,

I remember you and your ankle. That's really good news and will reassure others thinking of going down the same route.

Now it does beg the questions that if your ankle will last as long as you, how old are you and how fit are you ....the answers will give us a better idea of its/your longevity or is 'as long as a piece of string' the answer?

Luv,
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    :D:D:D Ron, that's brilliant news and so encouraging for others who are thinking of ankle replacements. Well done you! You must be looking after it very well.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Ron its lovely to have you back ...that is brilliant news, you must be so pleased that you went ahead with the op,.not sure how old you are but like legs says...it would give us a better idea of the shelf life of your ankle....hope you have many happy years together :)
    Love
    Barbara
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Options
    Hi all
    many thanks for your replies.As to my age the clue is in my username.... :roll:
    I was born in 1947.Apart from the RA,health is generally ok,bp etc ok,only other problem is sciatica result of a bulging disc........... :x
    Also hope my ankle and I have many years together!!!!!!!!!
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Ron I thought you might be 47...anyhow , I am glad to say you are 3 years older than me :lol: ..so here hoping you will get 33 years... :)
    Love
    Barbara
  • Smig100
    Smig100 Member Posts: 26
    Options
    Glad to hear your ankle is good hope mine is the same.