Confused.com

ickleprincess92
ickleprincess92 Member Posts: 3
Hey basically, I'm 21 years old, and had a few health problems. But recently the doctors believe I have a type of arthritis but not sure which one. Now I had a blood test done which all came back normal. Is it possible to have a negative test but still have arthritis?

[Edited for use of colour & bold emphasis on posting.
Mod B]

Comments

• helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,462
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi ickleprincess22,

Thanks for your post to Helplines. Sorry to hear that you may have some arthritis going on. If you are trying to work out how likely it is that even though bloods are not showing much might there still be an inflammatory arthritis going on... it can be a hard one to answer.

Sometimes you can pick up information from the medical people you are working with - about the way your arthritis seems to be behaving. So it's worth asking your GP, physiotherapist, or rheumatologist about what they see and what their theory is about your situation.

If you have anything in your medical situation that can help them it's worth talking about it. So examples might be if you have other autoimmune conditions that are already diagnosed, or family history of particular illnesses.

On the other arthritis front if you have a history of mechanical injury, fractures of bones, car accidents etc they would be helpful for the physios etc to know about.

I realise this has not given you a complete answer - but I hope it's informative. Finally in some cases initial bloods can be negative and yet inflammatory arthritis can be present - but it's quite rare.

So please do ring if you'd like some support, we are not medically qualified , so we will need to point out where we are at the limits of our information.

Kind regards

Guy
  • ickleprincess92
    ickleprincess92 Member Posts: 3
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Thank you for replying. I'm seeing the physio today so will see what they say about it.

[Edited for use of colour & bold emphasis on posting.
    Mod B]