?!?#?!? HaH

Options
Numptydumpty
Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
edited 19. Jul 2014, 09:03 in Living with Arthritis archive
So, I finally got through to HaH, amazingly after only 10 minutes on hold!
I have no Meth left, next injection due on Monday.
My last three or maybe even four deliveries I've had to ring them for. The last one arrived with no needles, I rang to order them, was assured they'd be sent out immediately, which they weren't, rang again and finally got needles.
This time, I've been told that there is no active prescription for me! Someone has accidentally cancelled it. He said he'll email the pharmacy to get a new prescription, but it will take time, and I'll definitely miss next weeks injection. He apologised profusely, which is, I know, all he can do, and I remained calm and polite on the phone, as it's not his fault, but I'm so pee'd off!!!
Numpty

Comments

• LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Well done for remaining calm - a ten minute hold might have been enough to tip me over the edge, never mind the rest. Have you told your hospital/ GP whoever it is that dispenses the script? HaH are acting on their behalf after all and not doing a very good job of it.
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Fingers crossed i have a humira delivery scheduled for today.
    Sorry you are having so much trouble,hope you don't suffer too much.(((()))) Mig
  • Numptydumpty
    Options
    LV, they've left me on hold for an hour before now, so ten minutes was a result! I did speak to the Rheumy about it, but he said there was nothing he could do. My Rheumy left a year ago, and hasn't been replaced. I see a different locum each time I go, which isn't helpful. My Dr's surgery say it's nothing to do with them!

Good luck Mig, fingers crossed :wink:
    Numpty
  • mig
    Options
    Delivery turned up at 1.05 ,good luck with yours Numpty. Mig
  • Numptydumpty
    Options
    You couldn't make it up!!!
    The postman just brought me a package from HaH, opened it up to find.... Needles!!! I don't need needles!
    So, does this mean I've got needles instead of a new prescription?
    The chap last week said he'd get the pharmacy to ring me to advise me what I should do. No call as yet.
    I guess I'm going to have to ring them, yet again.
    Numpty
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oh Numpty, what a shower they are proving to be and how very irksome for you. :( DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    I suggested this before for all HaH people - I'd contact my MP. This is a poor service which needs dealing with at a top level.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Numptydumpty
    Options
    The thick plottens!
    Tuesday's phone call to H@H, I was told that my prescription had run out, and the hospital hadn't sent a new one! So, I immediately rang my Rheumatology helpline, and left a message, they're usually very good at getting straight back to me. Didn't hear a thing!
    Wednesday, I rang H@H again, I was told that Rheumatology hadn't replied to their emails. I left another message on the helpline.
    Thursday, I got a call from H@H pharmacist :o he said he was making my case priority, and had sent several emails to Rheumatology, but as yet hadn't had a response. He said the Meth would remain in my system for up to two and a half weeks, so I should be ok! I said my body is telling me something different. ( I don't know if it's coincidence, but I'm really struggling at the moment, pain everywhere, difficult to move, feel washed out, oh, you know what it's like!)
    So I left another message on the helpline!
    I'm about to ring the Rheumatology helpline yet again, wish me luck :wink:
    Numpty
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Oh Numpty this is awful, how on earth can they keep mixing up such important prescriptions, or not deliver them :o ..not sure who is to blame here if you cant get through to your Rheumy..I just hope today things get sorted for you..good luck xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • mig
    Options
    Blinking heck Numpty somebody wants a kick up their ****. Mig
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    This happened to me too but my hospital were able to sort it fairly quickly because I accepted a cancelled appointment. It does make one wonder though, maybe HaH are not totally to blame.

All these drugs take up to three months to drain fully away but my best guess is that the weather is not helping you that much at the moment. You may be lovely and cool in the Fens (and I will be loading Beatrice as soon as I've finished on here, thanks for the invite :wink: ) but humidity has been pretty high across the country; that's affecting many of us. :( DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Sorry, Numpty, I missed this update. Any joy yet?

My experience of omitting meth, either before ops or when I've an infection, is that I can get away with a week or two OK. More than that and I do notice a difference. But I've never been flaring at the time.

Good luck. I hope it turns up soon.
    Steven Wright
  • Numptydumpty
    Options
    Well, I just had a call from H@H pharmacist, he said they've just received my new prescription and I would be contacted shortly with a delivery date. As I put the phone down it rang again, H@H with a delivery date! They said it was too late for today, but they could deliver tomorrow. Excellent!
    I still haven't heard from Rheumatology, I know I don't need to now, but still a poor show I think :?
    Sticky it would be two weeks on Monday since my last injection, although I feel pretty rough, I don't think it's a flare. I think as DD says the weather is probably playing a part in it, perhaps that coupled with the lack of Meth? Who knows?
    I never thought I'd be looking forward to injecting my Meth! But of course, it's not here yet.........
    Numpty
  • Numptydumpty
    Options
    Meth delivered and injected :D
    Pity I can't have a celebratory drink!
    Numpty
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Allow me :wink: Anything to help out a mate :lol: You stab: I'll sup.
    Steven Wright