APPOINTMENT AT THE EYE HOSPITAL GOOD NEWS

Options
hileena111
hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
edited 16. Jul 2014, 03:28 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi
As some of you will know....I've been going to the eye hospital for about 3 years now with excessive tears, inflammation and loads of other symptoms.
They gave me steroids, nose sprays, antibiotics and goodness knows what else.
It was diagnosed as "Blepharatis and a lot more going on there"
What sort of a diagnosis is that :?
Anyway the last appointment I had I was told I needed an operation....a couple of stitches in the corners of my eyes.
You can imagine what I think about operations after the THR where 4 weeks later I fractured my great trochanter bone.....still on 2 crutches 5 months later :(
Sorry I digress :oops:
I had an appointment about my eyes today and was told.... no operation.....nothing wrong with me and was discharged :o
I was told if anything else happened get in touch with the GP.
He asked what I had been using.
I had stopped steroids, antibiotics etc. they were doing no good.
I was in contact with a girl on another forum....wait for it....
WET ONES :o {hand wipes} a particular ingredient in them
Cut into about 8 pieces, wipe my eyelashes with them 4 times a day.
Using over the counter eye drops
B++ts gell if the lids are itchy and that's it
He looked at me as if I was crackers :lol:
He's possibly right but it worked and I was sick taking more tablets than I needed to
So that's my news today
Love
Hileena

Comments

• Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Wet Ones worked? OMG that's fantastic! Having had blepharitis myself, I can just imagine how good it is to have some relief. Cheers!

Has the eye-running stopped as well?

So happy for you.
    xxAnna
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi Anna
    My eyes are no longer running. Occasionally I go into wind and they start to water a bit but that is reasonably normal I think.
    Occasionally they start to sting a little bit but the drops {over the counter} soon sort that out.
    I didn't believe it when this girl told me but was so desperate I was willing to try anything
    It has to be the blue original wet ones ...Sorry I forget the actual ingredient in it.

Love
    Hileena
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    Ahh Hileena, I'm so happy for you!

Very good to know about blue wet ones. Thank you.
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    That's wonderful news. You must be so relieved that you don't need an operation.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    Options
    That's great news, Hileena. So pleased.

Meg
  • hileena111
    Options
    Thanks Slosh and Meg

Love
    Hileena
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hileena I would have loved to have seen his face.. :lol: good for you at least you had the last say :) I hope they continue to work then you don't have to see him again...xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I occasionally wonder if the things we take to make things 'better' actually aggravate matters. It sounds as though you are sorted now, Hileena, and that has to be a good thing! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    That's great news Hileena just goes to show long may the wet ones work for you..............Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,939
    Options
    Hello Hileena
    i'm so pleased that girl helped you and you dont need a op.
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi
    Thanks all......it is amazing....I was desperate so was willing to try anything but didn't really think it would work. :shock:
    It makes life so much better.....all the other things I have OA, OP, Scoliosis etc etc I can cope with and manage them but because no one could give me a proper diagnosis for this I couldn't cope with it and I felt awful and looked awful......well worse than usual :lol:
    I'm still struggling with this fracture 6 months on from the THR and its supposed to be acute so haven't really accepted it :?
    Keep expecting it to get better.
    Oh well never mind
    Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Fractures heal (as I experienced) but all processes in our bodies slow as we age. It will take time, Hileena, but you will get there in the end. I know that patience is not your strong point but, on this occasion, there's no alternative. :wink: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • hileena111
    Options
    Morning DD
    LOL...... :lol:
    Havent' seen you online for a while but then I suppose I haven't been on much.
    Typical reply from you :wink: How you know me :wink:
    I know you had a fractured arm recently and you are a bit more patient than I am.
    I know there is no alternative but I keep thinking of this as acute {which it is supposed to be} { but 6 months and not much change} I wonder would I settle if I accepted it as chronic like everything else I have and manage it rather than expecting it to get better all the time.
    You know I was diagnosed {definitely} with osteoporosis to add to the lot :lol:
    Thanks for the reply
    Love
    Eileen
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    I do hope the 'eye solution' works permanently and gives no further problems. I guess these wipes contain alcohol which can be drying.

As for the hip - maybe the osteoporosis makes healing take longer. I'm only guessing though.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi Sticky
    You could be right about the osteoporosis.....I don't see the ortho until about Christmas :shock: Havent got a date yet but the last time he said 6 months time.
    The eye problem is chronic apparently but if it even seems to be starting again.....I'll really jump on it with the wipes, eye drops and ointment :wink: regularly.....its not regular at the moment....a few times a day. That is keeping it under control.
    Love
    Hileena
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Hileena, glad you have relief from your eye problems, if there's one thing I hate getting trouble in it's my eyes!!