Loss the plot!

Options
Lubs
Lubs Member Posts: 155
edited 13. Jul 2014, 06:51 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi

Just writing about something that just happened this evening. I just found myself hanging out of the bedroom window shouting at a group of boys playing football, beneath our flat. I didn't realise what I was doing until I had them in absolute silence, I told them to stop swearing, play quietly or I will take their football. I also pointed to a boy and told him that I would inform his parents of this.

They start to play after 7pm when the concierge has gone because he stops them from playing. Their parents have just kicked out the loud kids to play outside, which is understandable, but when I asked them if they all understood me a small Asian boy got a bit mouthy. So I told him that if he is taught to speak like that then he should go home and speak to his mother and dad like that, he needs to treat everyone with respect, including me. Very quickly his sister told him to shut up! :o

But the problem is I can't remember getting up, opening the window or saying most of what I did, until I was half way through. I only realised when I had these kids looking up at me in absolute silence. Yes, I'm a teacher and some know that and told the others to be careful and be quiet. But My meds are making me more aggressive! :x This is not good! :shock:

My husband now wants to lock all windows! What is happening to me? Has anyone had experience of this? :?

Comments

• Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Sorry, I can't remember - what meds are you on, Lubs? The noise outside when you're not feeling good can drive you to distraction. The other night, I was lying awake in pain and all I could hear was a group of women screeching about leggings, shopping and playing loud music. I'm afraid I lost my temper a little and may have used some naughty words. :?

I know you're having a particularly hard time at the moment, so take it easy and be gentle with yourself.
  • Lubs
    Options
    Thanks starburst,

I'm on a lot. The most recent is called diazepam! This medication has given me back my life, I'm able to go around the flat and get a few things done, because previously I couldn't even get up due to the headaches. I'm also on morphine, which I've reduced to 60mg from 100!

I Just didn't like myself very much for doing what I did, couple that with not remembering what I was doing until half way through was worrying.

People are inconsiderate now, when driving, walking (they never notice a disabled person trying to get through, and just stop in the middle of the pavement), no one ever gives up the disabled seat on the train anymore (my 62yr old mother glares and then tells them to move - I'm too timid). I really do not know where good manners have gone? :(

Thank you for your post, it made me feel better. But my husband will be going down there to move people on, rather than having me leaning out of the window shouting like a mad women!
    :shock:
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi Lubs

I am sorry to hear about your terrible headaches that will not go away.
    You are on strong drugs to try to sort this and as we know they all appear to have side effects of some kind or another.

One of the many side effects of diazepam can be "feeling (or being) aggressive" This can happen in some people - if so you should let your doctor know about it as soon as possible. Outbursts of anger and mood or other mental changes can be side effects too. Some people may also experience some impairment in thinking and judgment. Valium can have similar effects on a patient so being prescribed both drugs may emphasise these side effects.

Elna
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    I was on diazepam last year. It was wonderful for the effect it had on the pain but I was only allowed to take it for 2 weeks as I was told it was highly addictive. I'm also a teacher, although currently on sick leave and I must confess to banging on my window when I see young children happily wandering across my front garden, picking my lavender etc while their parents watch, and thennI feel guilty after and wonder what sort of person I'm turning into. Basically pain and tiredness makes us less patient and tolerant.

Mind you now the bees have found my lavender this has become less of a problem.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • Lubs
    Options
    Thank you,

Yeah one side effect is mood changes or aggression, so I will be seeing the GP Monday. It's currently 3.36am, and wonderfully quiet at home.

I was finding it really difficult to get into a comfortable position, so hopefully, after posting this this I will be tired enough to go back to bed.

Lubs
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    All meds can come at a cost to us. I am reasonably fortunate in that I am not troubled too much by the way of side-effects but I am aware that pain and tiredness affect my temper. I also have an increasing lack of tolerance for noise. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben