Busy and important week ahead. Pocket duties please

Options
2»

Comments

• Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Yes GP tomorrow. I had planned a rest day today but had a phone call from my daughter who they think has endometriosis (long story, not helped by an unsupportive GP), asking if I fancied spending a couple of hours at A and E with her! What could I say? At least I have air con in the car, they didn't keep her in this time and I got some time back at hers with my younger grandson after I took her home.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Good luck with the GP today, I hope that appointment goes well and please update on your return.

Your poor girl, endo is very unpleasant, one of my greatest friends has it and she really struggles. :( DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    Options
    Hope your GP appointment goes well, Slosh.

Meg
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    I hope all goes well today Slosh.
    Will you be able to rest over the weekend? I do hope so.
    Numpty
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Good appointment with my lovely GP. I went through my hospital appointment with him, he asked if they had examined me and when I replied no,said, "Well what was the point of the appointment then". He examined my leg, and then dictated a letter to the consultant asking for this to be looked at at my next appointment. He was very pleased that I had stuck to my guns about my concerns and so would be seen again.
    I also discussed my PIP application with him and he is happy to write in support of this.

It makes such a difference having a supportive and thorough GP.

Re my daughter, she is being mucked about by both her GP and her hospital. They are not sure what the problem is, she is on loads of meds and another idea being floated is that she might have fibromyalgia , so I have directed her to this website/forum and the Arthritis research one. However there has now been a new development as yesterday she was told she is about 6 weeks pregnant! She was on the pill but it looks as though with all her other meds and bouts of vomiting it wasn't fully effective, something her GP should have mentioned perhaps?
    She already has two boys, 4 and 2. To say it was a surprise to her, me and her husband is an understatement.

Yes, a restful weekend planned ahead of work on Monday -and it is a phased return, initially just for a max of 4 hours a day for the last three days of term.

Thanks to you all for your support, advice and encouragement.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    I think a good relationship with, hopefully, all one's medical team but a good GP, as the first port of call, is especially one to treasure.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright