Please help

Options
nikkifarrell33
nikkifarrell33 Member Posts: 2
Hi there, I have been receiving pains in my fingers for several years now where they are stiff and sore and often swell up particularly when i wake up and late at night if I am tired. More recently I have been experiencing similar pains in my ankles wrists and shoulders. I have been to the doctors more than once and had blood tests done and they said the results have come back all clear but I am convinced that there's more to it because of the amount of discomfort I am in. Any advice you can give me? Many thanks
Nikki

Comments

• helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,490
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Nikki

Many thanks for your post, I’m sorry to hear about the pain you’re experiencing in your fingers and that now your ankles, wrists and shoulders are painful too and that this is effecting your sleep.

We’re not medically trained on the Helplines and are unable to offer individual medical advice.

You say that your blood tests have come back clear, though it sounds as if you’re still concerned due the discomfort you are feeling, and that’s completely understandable. I do believe there may be times that a blood test can be clear, though there may be something going on. I am wondering if the doctor has diagnosed arthritis or is something else being suggested.

Here’s a link to the Arthritis Research publication ‘What is arthritis’, it may be helpful:

http://www.arthritisresearchuk.org/arthritis-information/conditions/arthritis/what-is-arthritis.aspx

Nikki I hear your concerns and understand that not knowing what's going on can be worrying, you’re very welcome to give us a call on our Freephone Helpline: 0808 800 4050 (weekdays 10-4) for an informal chat in confidence.

Best wishes
    Lynda