Ye gods.

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 22. Jul 2014, 02:45 in Living with Arthritis archive
It's been a tough day thanks to the unreasonable levels of heat in East Anglia. My PsA is in full-flow and don't I know it. :wink: I am thankful that my OA has taken the back seat for the time being but so what? It will return because it can.

Arthritis.

Ye gods.

'Tis not easy. DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    My poor luvliness.. Wish I could help.
    Big sweaty Yorkshire Blokey Hugs. :wink:
    xxxxx
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    I was thinking of you today and wondering how the heat was affecting you. Hopefully the forecast storms for the weekend will cool things down and make it a bit fresher.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Ooooh! Sweaty YBHs? Get in! :D I need hugs, end of. Thank you, Tony. It's been a tough time one way and another.

I am so tired. No matter. DD

PS. Thank you, Slosh, things are tough and will stay so but it's just another challenge. I'm kinda used to it but every now and again the injustice rankles.
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Whenever things get hot I think of you :oops: :lol::wink:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    Hi DD,

"Ye gods, indeed" she replied, while staring blankly at the blur of images emanating from the nearby tv and hoping it could triple distract her from her own hideously painful joints, head and the copious water trickling from around her brow. It did not.

--Sending empathy and some sympathy from over here, where we're cooking too. And, some of these things too ((()))
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    DD and Boomer you have my sympathy and empathy. My body is just beginning to feel as if it belongs to me again now that the sun is going down and the temperature and - I suspect the true culprit - humidity is lowering. Tomorrow will be higher :mrgreen:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,145
    Options
    Sympathetic thoughts for those finding the heat a trial.. must say I flag more than I used to as well, despite trying to convince myself it's not affecting me (seeing as I used to be fine up to a point). :roll: Haven't got the colouring to go out in it to any degree (think ghostly pale & from a redheaded family, thankfully diluted in my case) so I've never tested it to any great extent.

However I'm passable indoors, so I do hope it 'gives' a bit soon for everyone else's benefit. Hotter tomorrow yes, but that's the peak so it seems.. I'm sure you all know all the tricks like running your wrists under cold water etc.. hang on in there. :)

Boomer13, is the MRI in the offing, or been & gone now..?

*Passes out virtual iced drinkies* xx
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    Hi Toady, good memory! MRI is next friday-- thinking calm thoughts. Will start another thread sometime......apologies to DD for the brief hijacking of hers.
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Hijack away, Boomer, I don't mind.

We have another hot and humid day here, I'm frazzled before I've begun. DD
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    Come and stay with me in the Lincolnshire fens DD, we had a refreshing shower first thing this morning, and now there's a light breeze cooling everything further. I quite like the heat though, and if it gets too much outside, my old house always has a cool room to hide away in.
    Hope things improve for you very soon. (((())))
    Numpty
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Well the early hours of this morning where certainly illuminating! I don't know if any of you had the amazing electric storm? It started about 2am and the lightening bolts where extraordinary there where horizontal and vertical bolts and fork lightening. it lasted just over 45mins here. We are due more storms over the next 24hrs according to the weather warning I got on my mobile. It certainly cooled the air for a few hours but it's just starting to warm up again now!!
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Same here ..I do feel for you DD..to think we were all waiting for summer or was that just me... :? I have 2 fans going here so I ain't moving for a while :)
    Love
    Barbara
  • Slosh
    Options
    We had the storm as well here in East London early this morning but unfortunately it doesn't seem to have made it less close and humid out.
    Open windows and fans going here as well. Hope the next storm freshens things up a bit and brings the temperature down a bit. Schools finish this week or next so that usually means rain and cooler weather.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Non sweaty(((()))) DD hope you are a bit cooler today. I have actually had my heating on this morning till I got showered and dressed, it's never too hot for me :? xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Options
    DD, I have every sympathy for you. I don't manage very well in the heat at all. We've just come back from our break. The temp when we left Norfolk was 18c at 9am ish, when we got back home in Kent at about 1pm it was 30c.

I have spent the last few days either having sweat trickling down my back, neck and across my brow in a very unladylike manner or under a practically cold shower in our b&b. This humidity makes my joints swell like nothing on earth so I know exactly where you are coming from.

Oh - thank you for the recommendation abot the Marina in Ipswich. We did try to find it on our way to our holiday but thanks to road closures we got as far as seeing it in the near distance which was unfortunately too far for me to walk. We did, however, find the Quay and a lovely pub where we had a fantastically ice-cold coke each and a wonderful shady pub garden.

Take care, I'm off for yet another shower! :roll:

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Just now, on a whim, I went to read the thermometer which is placed on the side of the garage (thus it's in full sun for the majority of the day). It read 43 degrees, I gulped and went to find my phone to take a picture. By the time I'd done that it had dropped to 38! Obviously the general temperature is not that high but Beatrice was reading 32 just before mid-day when I was out and about.

I hope you enjoyed your break, GraceB, and that you'll return to my lovely part of the world at some point. DD
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,938
    Options
    Hello DD
    i hope it cools down for you soon.
    ((((((((DD))))))))
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    It's sweltering here too now DD :roll: I just looked at my thermometer which is in the shade, it reads 30 degrees! Goodness knows how hot it was early afternoon!
    Numpty
  • lynnoot
    lynnoot Member Posts: 52
    Options
    My feet are in and out of cool water all day! It doesn't take down the swelling, but makes them feel more comfortable. Rain today, but still very hot and humid.
  • Slosh
    Options
    Still very hot,sitting with a hot wheat pack on my neck, and the fan going in front of me.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    After a thundery weekend here things are cooler but not by much. The fan is still on the go as and when required, and even though we are sleeping on the ground floor the nights are very sticky and humid which is not pleasant. Hey-ho.

It strikes me that I'm never happy with the weather, the heat affects my PsA, the cold and damp my OA. I did read that researchers at Sydney University have concluded that weather does not impact on arthritis but also admitted that they probably didn't have enough variations of weather to truly test. Twerps. DD
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    I hope things are comfier today DD and that it slowly unstickies and cools. It's still sticky and humid here too and it's doing me no favours, I'm all swollen and hot and not working properly.
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Will you two please stop taking my name in vain :o There's nowt wrong wi' a bit o' 'sticky' :wink:

Muggy here too. I'm about to hop in the bath and wash some of the day's heat off.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    It's going to be in the upper twenties here until the end of the week. I am truly flagging now, the house is busy with workmen, I am making endless cups of tea and coffee, and the heat is punishing. It will pass, all things do but in the meantime . . . . . :(

We have the water softener bloke coming today - I can feel more expense coming on! :lol: DD