I've just spoken to May (Kellerman)

Options
stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
edited 22. Jul 2014, 05:36 in Living with Arthritis archive
:D What a trooper! She had her 4th lot of chemo yesterday and was ringing me before it all kicked off and her mouth got bad again.

May is being May - still driving, still changing the duvet cover, still playing it all down despite having to take on board so much liquid she's rarely away from the loo for long, steroids that keep her awake and conjunctivitis that glues both eyes shut. (Not when she's driving :wink: )

I've had chemo and it flattened me. May is now on her 3rd or 4th (I've lost count) course and as chirpy as ever.

There are days when it's a sheer privilege to have arthritis and therefore get to know some of the others who have it.

Crack on, May! We're all behind you.

(Her internet's playing up again so she might not see this.)
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Thinking of you May.(((()))) Mig
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi May

Thinking about you and you are behaving like the May we have all come to know......So brave
    Take care
    Love
    Hileena
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Sending a whole heap of Yorkshire Blokey Hugs to May. She's definitely one of the lovelies on here.
    Xxxx
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Some people inspire awe and May is one. Her courage and spirit is amazing - and humbling. Thank you for the update, Sticky, I am pleased she contacted you. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    Options
    Thinking of you, too, May. ((()))

Meg
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    May, I think the others have said it all really, the key word being inspirational.
    I hope you're as well as you can be, and things improve greatly very soon.
    Take care,
    Numpty
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Thankyou SW
    May if you do get to read this ..well what can I say what a lady..you have had everything thrown at you but yet you still keep positive ..good for you ..I will have everything crosses that the chemo does its job and hasn't got to many side effects..thinking about you...(((())) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    What an inspiration you are May, I wish I had the guts and determination that you have you are such a trooper ((((()))))...................Thanks Sticky for letting us know xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,939
    Options
    Hello May
    we are all thinking about you and wishing you the best you are a very strong lady.
    ((((((((May))))))))
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    Thank you for updating us, Sticky.

((((May)))) I was thinking of you only a short while ago. I'm not sure if you'll see this but if you do, please do not feel obliged to reply. I just wanted to say that you are an inspiration. You have every right to stomp your feet and cry but you pick yourself up and carry on.

“Anyone can give up; it is the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone would expect you to fall apart, now that is true strength.”

We are all with you in spirit. xx
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    Thinking of you May. You are a strong and brave woman. (((hugs)))
    Christine
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    All the best and lots of love to a truly remarkable lady. You're really quite amazing xx
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • kellerman
    kellerman Member Posts: 741
    Options
    Bit of an update....Question and no answers. Why did they rush to give me a new hip when I can't get the movement I need because of the dreaded C making me so weak? Certainly not because its a perk of being ex staff.So back is not happy. Also why does bacon smell so gorgeous when I can't eat it? Fluid diet and even then it runs down my chin ug!!!
    This is 4th time in 10 years. Never had these side effects before so I've been lucky. So now 4th chemo of 6 and then maybe it will go to sleep for another year.Oh...and the meds. Never taken so much in my life. With food...what food? 4 hours before food....mouthwash 4 times a day and stay out of sun. Been up all night except for 2 hours nap in chair. Ankles are like balloons....put feet up...but no...can't do that as I am more prone to thrombosis with chemo. Still there are many people worse than me.
    So now for yet another shower....an effort but oh so refreshing.
    Take care you wonderful people.....thank you all. May xx
  • barbara12
    Options
    Oh bless May, what can I say... :shock: its a no win situation..but if anyone can come out the other side its you..don't forget we are all here .. :) sending some of Crises positive hugs and bucket full of stamina and healing tonic...think that what she used to send :? ...((((())))) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    ((( ))) xxx Oh May, some on here think they have it tough - they don't even know they're born. I think this is the closest you have ever come to a 'moan' on here but even then you keep trying to find a positive. We're all behind, beside and ahead of you, my lovely, cheering you on for all we're worth. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    ((((May)))) big virtual hugs to you!

Things sounds so incredibly difficult, yet you say that some have it worse. You are such a kind and generous soul, thinking of others and seeing the light at the end of tunnel when you're going through so much yourself. That says a lot about you and the wonderful human being that you are.

I hope it brings you some comfort knowing that we all thinking you. You are a tower of strength.

Take gentle care of your lovely self. xx
  • barbara12
    Options
    More hugs for you May...hopefully they will help...((())) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    The others have said it all, May, so I'll just deal with the simple question - "Why does bacon smell so gorgeous when I can't eat it?" I don't eat meat, don't even like it, but still get seduced by the smell of bacon. In the past I had the odd nibble and still hated it. It's one of the great mysteries of life. See, I can't even answer that question :roll:

Keep going. Only two more to go. Soon be 'last push' time and, of course, you're the woman for the job - with us behind you. (((())))
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    Bacon was fried in pans a the bottom of the prison building during the Strangeways riots - it smells that good the Home Office sanctioned it's use as an anti-riot tactic!

Good luck and lots of love. You are truly amazing and as Sticky said, we are right behind you (whether you want us there or not :) )
    LV xx
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi
    I'm a vegetarian and don't even like meat now.....but the smell of bacon.....Ohhhh!!! Apparently that's what changes the majority of people from vegetarians back to meat eaters.....One of lifes mysteries
    Sending you loads of hugs May
    Love
    Hileena
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    Things are difficult for you just now but you are still keeping your chin up. Only 2 more to go. Hope you'll soon be feeling better. (((hugs)))
    Christine
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    Thinking of you May, wish I could do more ((((()))))
    Numpty
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    May you are a true trooper! What you have to go through both Arthritis and Cancer the two hardest things to deal with medically! It's always something you really crave for that you can smell the strongest, I don't know how you senses do it. I can usually smell curry when I can't have it so it sends me loopy like a curry addict!!
    2 more chemo's to go you can just see the light at the end of the tunnel almost grab it. take a deep breath and you go for it!! Stay strong and remember we are here with you every step of the way to keep you strong and if you need to talk to someone. You take care May. Big (())'s