Options
2»

Comments

• Lubs
    Lubs Member Posts: 155
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi sticky,

I've been off the diazepam for a day now so I can't tell if it's working or not. The antihistamine has taken away the itchiness feeling from the skin. I wasn't going to risk my life on taking diazepam while the GP covered himself with what he said and gave me strong antihistamines.

I asked my husband how long we stayed in the GP's office and he informed me it was no more than 5 minutes. He quickly sent the prescriptions to boots electronically, so we had no paperwork. He wanted us out.

I had to tell the pharmacist to return the diazepam prescription. I did have to explain myself, as they know my meds very well. They were shocked that the GP prescribed the med if I'm allergic to it!

Hopefully, the antihistamine will work with various creams. At the moment I just look like I'm bruised and battered.

Thank you.
    Lubs x
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    You say you 'have to move away from London' but, if you don't get on well with your GP, you only have to see another in the practice or transfer to another practice. Moving away from London would seem to be a rather drastic solution especially since you seem to have a very good relationship with your neurologist.

I'm sorry, I think I misunderstood the 'time factor' in your GP visit. It seems it wasn't so much that you were a long time but that you were wanting to discuss more than one problem. I'm assuming that this was an emergency appointment as you say ' It takes two weeks to get the appointment' and clearly it didn't this time. I think emergency appointment are, routinely, just for one problem, not several.

I've re-read your earlier post and I'm wondering who it was who decided the culprit for the rash was the diazapam. That decision seems to have been made before you went to see the doc and you do say 'What About Stopping The Medicine Now? None didn't bother saying or mentioning that! ' Maybe he didn't feel that the diazapam was to blame. I would personally have thought that the newest med, ie the gabapentin, might be a suspect as you've been OK with the diazapam so far. I think most of the meds you're on can cause allergic side-effects and I guess the more you're on, and the higher the dosage, the more this is likely to happen. I know I've said this before but, unless the GP specifically blamed the diazapam and advised you on how to reduce it, I think you should just follow the meds reduction plan laid down by your neurologist and hope the anti-histamines will, for now, deal with any side-effects.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright