New biologic seems to be working after half a day

Options
As5567
As5567 Member Posts: 665
edited 23. Jul 2014, 14:24 in Living with Arthritis archive
I finally got to administer my first dose of my new biologic drug today. I took the dose at around 9:45AM not long after I got the delivery. I slept from around 10:30AM until 6PM, the drug seemed to make me very tired almost instantly, it also gave me a headache which added to the tiredness. I woke up with a slight headache still and a lot of back and joint pain. But one thing I noticed right away I had no muscle spasms when trying to get out of bed and my shoulder/neck wasn't hurting nowhere near as much as usual.

It's not made a huge improvement yet but I didn't expect it to do anything for the first dose if I'm honest, I'm hopeful things will improve more over the coming weeks.

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Fingers crossed, eh :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    I hope it's working, and continues to do so. It's very early days yet, so if you have some improvement already, however small, that has to be promising.
    Take care,
    Numpty
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    aww..so glad you got some sleep and no muscle spasms ..I will keep everything crossed for you that this the beginning of better things to come..I do wish you well.. :)
    Love
    Barbara
  • As5567
    Options
    Things seem to be improving more and more by the day, mornings and nights are still tough but much better than they were.

I'm also on the wrong dose, I should be on 100mg when I was given 50mg....so hopefully the next dose which is due next week will help even further.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    That's excellent news. I hope the trend continues :D

I wonder if the 1/2 dose was just a preliminary precaution to ensure any potential side effects were minimal.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • As5567
    Options
    I doubt it, the nurse from the drugs company MSD didn't want me to take it at first because the dose was wrong. But apparently they have a 2 week window to get me the other dose before I have to wait until my dosage day which is the same day each month.

I'm just glad that it seems to be doing something, now the real challenge is building my strength back up ready for a very busy week next week.
  • Cariad71
    Cariad71 Member Posts: 99
    Options
    Ah finally you got your new drug! So pleased for you, and glad you're getting some improvement already