skin problems

zulaikha
zulaikha Member Posts: 23
edited 23. Jul 2014, 13:17 in Living with Arthritis archive
hii

To anyones thats got lupus has anyone got any advice on what to put on red cheeks..my cheeks are so red due to the sun..I tried putting sun cream on but my skin feels so oily with it..what else can I put on

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Firstly, keep out of strong sunlight, it is not that good for our skin (as a beauty-interested girl you should be aware of that, yes) Secondly, use a 30 factor suncream but not too much of it, it doesn't have to be slathered on. Thirdly, the damage is done so try calamine lotion to soothe, or natural yoghurt. Fourthly, keep out of the sun. :wink:

I go out and about in the sun but covered as follows: long skirt, long-sleeved top, scarf round my neck and possibly a floppy hat on a very hot day. This is because I am on a drug called methotrexate and that makes my skin very photo-sensitive. This is troublesome because I also have psoriasis and that likes the sun! I am currently sitting outdoors for ten minutes per day, between 11am and 3pm, without sunscreen to improve my VitD levels (as ordered by my rheumatologist). So far, so good, psoriasis happy, meth-affected skin behaving. We cannot be too careful though, so please be careful. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,707
    I don't have lupus but maybe you should get this checked out with either a doc or at least a pharmacist (telling him / her you have lupus) as I know that sun can have an effect on the skin of lupus sufferers.

I have to beware the sun because of my medication but that's a different matter. I hope someone who actually has lupus will see this and answer it but the pharmacist should know.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • zulaikha
    zulaikha Member Posts: 23
    @dreamdaisy as I am a "beauty girl" I am aware of that thanks

@stickeywicket thanks am going doctors tomorrow and also trying out a new sum cream which is not so oily x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I thought you would be so cannot understand why you're in this pickle. Mind you, I've forgotten the what it's like to be young. :oops: I apologise. :oops: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben