horrid night @:-(

tjt6768
tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
edited 27. Jul 2014, 14:15 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi folks. Hope all are as well as can be.
I got zero sleep last night. I started with a nasty flare. First the back and hips, legs etc then the upper stuff decided that wasn't enough and elbows, wrists and hands had a go.
I did manage a couple of hours around nine this morning but have just been laid here trying to fool myself asleep to no avail :x

I got my darling wife to change my fentanyl patches first thing this morning instead of this afternoon and added an extra 25mcg on top of the 50 I already have on. Took the usual morning dollop of meds including naproxen and paracetamol. . Nothing.
Anyone have a spare lump hammer?
It's Methotrexate day today too.. around 4/5pm.
I am not a happy boy at the minute. I apologise for the moaning.

Xx
e050.gifMe-Tony
n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
k040.gif
Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I can see exactly what the problem is, Tony. You noticed those very rare hugs of mine on DD's thread and now you want some for yourself, don't you :wink: OK but I promise you they're a bit sweaty 'n 'orrible in this heat. Leg it now while you can 'cos they're on their way :lol:(((())))
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • tjt6768
    Lol.. you got me fair n square :lol:
    by the way, she also got kisses :shock: :lol:

cheers hun for putting a smile on mi mush :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • stickywicket
    Be very very careful what you wish for. My alter ego is Slobberchops :wink:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Oh mate, I empathise. I think the heat has something to do with it, my PsA is far from happy at the moment. Do you have a fan in your room? (I don't mean someone shouting 'Come on Tony!') I mean the electric version, I'm not moving far from ours at the moment. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tjt6768
    Wow, so many kisses... thank you mi dear lol... I ain't bothered about the slobberchops, I appreciate the thought :wink:

DD, you wouldn't believe this but I am still under the duvet, the 13 tog duvet :o I very rarely overheat. I admit, it's mostly covering my legs. I find it comforting for some reason. We also have all the windows open and have had for the past few days. Poor Janet can't stand the heat so obviously doesn't share the duvet, she just has a thin sheet.
    As for the man in the corner of the room shouting 'come on Tony' that's just Mellman, he won't leave :shock: :lol:
    Right, tis poison jabbing time, back in a min or two..

thanks ladies :wink:

PS.... slight confession. On sunday our neighbour and good friend Eric was sorting our outdoor aerial for us. It is on the wall just below the gutter, we are in a ground floor flat so it's on the above flat's wall.. Eric was up and down the ladders every two minutes so at one point I did pretend I was a normal human being and climbed up and down the ladder to pass him stuff..... :? It was not easy and rather painful and slow :oops:
    Sometimes I think it's harder being able to do things like that only to really suffer later. I try very hard to kid myself every now and then and think, **** it, I'll be ok :roll: obviously I'm not... I've not been right since.. last night was the worst though....
    so, to summarise, I am an idiot, a pirrock, a div and a clot. SIMPLES
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • tjt6768
    20140724_152621.jpg

Another jab done :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Sorry you're feeling so painful. I'm also sorry I can relate :o

I really agree it's worse being able to do things when you know how rough you are going to be later.

Best wishes from over here,
    Anna
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Oh Tony you do sound in a bad way and when you have taken all your meds its scarey..so I am hoping the Meths kick in and you can get some relief...some norther womanly hugs and kisses ...we know you love um...(((())) xxxxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • tjt6768
    Anna, Barbara... thank you both very much..
    I am soooooo exhausted now but I will try to stay awake till this evening. Can barely keep my eyes open though lol..

I know full well I shouldn't have been helping but I hate being stood there watching while someone else is doing the things that I should be able to do... You would've thought that by now I would have learnt to behave but no... I am a stubborn bugger :lol:
    The thing that gets me the most is not being able to take Janet to work an a morning when I'm not good.. I know that she understands but she works so hard and with the heart problem and this heat it isn't easy for her. Even if I could have driven this morning I would not have wanted to risk it being so tired though.

thanks once again for the support, it really means a lot :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    I hope you had a better night last night. Sending a hug too and a purry massage from Kamu who loves it when I have a bad night and am awake to enjoy her antics (at least somebody is pleased).

I did a similar night on Monday and I know for me as the hours rock by and the pain worsens and the sleep gets more elusive my irritation level increases. I wish I knew the magic cure but after all these years of arthritis nights it's just to get to dawn and pray for exhaustion to hit you the next night.

Hope the meth helped , mine was yesterday too!
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Tony
    I'm sorry you are feeling so rotten.....hope the meth helped.
    You have heard the word PACING haven't you :lol:
    I know I know.....As a volunteer I'm excellent at telling people how to do that but do I do it my self?.....NO!!! :oops:
    I've had numerous pm's over the years when I've said something like that to people telling me to practice what I preach :wink:
    I hope you are feeling a bit better today
    Take care pet
    Love
    Hileena
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Sorry I missed this Tony.
    I hope you had a better night last night, and things feel easier today.
    Take care (((())))
    Numpty
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Hope the flare doesn't last to long Tony and you get some relief and a reasonable nights sleep tonight, sending you bubba hug's (())
  • tjt6768
    Thanks girls. :D

I slept much better last night. No choice as I was riding the pain station train again :roll:

I'm still suffering a lot. Hoping I'm better tomorrow evening as we have a family bbq to go to. Also we are taking my nephew to brid on Sunday.
    I am resting. .
    It'll be reet... :lol:

Thanks again :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • stickywicket
    tjt6768 wrote:
    we are taking my nephew to brid on Sunday.

And here's a quote from you yesterday - ". I try very hard to kid myself every now and then and think, **** it, I'll be ok :roll:"

Don't do it, Tony. You won't be OK.
    Steven Wright
  • tjt6768
    Thank you for caring sticky. I appreciate it a great deal. We must take him as it's for his birthday and all arranged. I promise that I will take it very easy and won't do anything daft. I would hate to let him down. And the drive there isn't too long. Then I can relax at the beach. He will have to be told that neither myself or Janet can go running after him. He's a good kid when he's with us. Especially when aunty Janet tells him lol. He won't do a thing his parents tell him but Janet just has to say his name :lol:
    if I bring you a stick of rock back will you let me go? :wink:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Tony you are a softie what a lucky nephew he is ..sorry and Janet..I hope it all goes well for you..please do plenty of sitting down...and I hope it isn't to warm..sound well in this country... :shock: :lol:
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Why the pic of the meth needle? :shock: AAAAAAAAAAAAARGH! I wrote on CC that I don't do horror. :wink:

You're a bloke. The stupid gene is in your DNA, like 'Brighton' through a stick of rock so Sunday will happen. Just be sensible. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Just saw this Tony sending some Scottish (((((()))))) and XXXXXXXX just to top you up for Sunday................ behave!!!!!!! :wink: .........................Marie x
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Its no use saying don't do it coz you will just don't forget the sun screen.Mig
  • tjt6768
    Lol..
    I thought I would share the photo.. :wink:
    You know how daft I am DD, that should come as no surprise :lol: coulda been worse hun, I could've shown the needle going in heehee...

Thanks barbara, marie and mig.. I will take it steady on Sunday.

If you all like I will take you lot along with us, we could have an arthritics day out lol.. We could take over brid for the day :shock: :lol:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Wish I'd seen this post before Tony, I'd have come like a shot! Could do with a day away from everything and some of your world-famous Yorkshire Blokey Cuddles.

I hope that you have had a great day out, that you won the sandcastle building competition, or that if you were the person being buried under the sand/pebbles that you didn't have a flag on a straw offered up to any inappropriate bodily area. :lol:

I also trust that you had traditional fish and chips, candyfloss and an ice cream (hey - I saw in the paper the other day that '99 ice creams' are good for you - they release some kind of chemical in you).

Now, where's that flaming ice cream van gone to ...

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • tjt6768
    Lol. Thank you grace. We have had a lovely but tiring day. We are at peashome park in Scarborough.
    Went to brid first so my nephew could go to my friend's funfair. He was allowed on every single ride as many times as he wanted lol. Loved every minute of it. I admit, I did too. I went on a couple with him but am suffering now :roll: my own fault. Lol
    we then drove up to Scarborough and went on the beach. He was straight into the sea not a care in the world. He has been very well behaved indeed. Unlike me :shock: :lol:
    I also had a 99 I'ce cream... Before you even told me they're good for me :lol:

I will post some photos tonight if I don't straight to sleep when we get home :?

Thanks again :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Tony,

we were in Norfolk last week and went to Bressingham Steam Museum. Wasn't allowed on the gallopers as my other half thought I'd do myself an injury and I suppose he was right but by heavens, I was so disappointed.

I had to sit there looking at all these mature people having a lovely ride round, and getting off with huge smiles on their faces and you could just see what happy memories had been brought back for them.

Me - I was sat there with a coffee. Not quite the same.

I'm pleased you had your '99' - I trust it had raspberry sauce on it. Down here in Kent you can also have lime juice on them if you ask. Mind you the ice creams do look a bit odd with green bits slithering down an ice cream. (Think I'll stop there lol!).

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • tjt6768
    :lol:
    think I'll give the lemon a miss :?

We are home and now I can begin the self inflicted pain :roll:

I think this is where our dear stickiness tells me off :o:wink:

I'm waiting on the naughty step just in case. Do you think I'll get a spanking :shock: :shock: :lol:

PS. . I was extra naughty and took him on the twister.. I think I might have left my spine there :roll: :lol:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP