blue badge application

Options
Slosh
Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
edited 26. Jul 2014, 11:41 in Living with Arthritis archive
I am applying for a blue badge under the discretionary scheme. Part of this is to help with work. While I can walk with a stick albeit very slowly, it is very tiring, if I walk too far one day I struggle more for the next couple of days, but it also triggers/aggravates my pain which can get to the point at which I am unable to focus or concentrate. As part of my job I often have to attend off site meetings where parking can be a problem and whike some are close to where I work walking to them is no longr an option. My Access to work assessor advised me to apply. What I want to know is, should I request a letter from my GP in support of this and should I mention the importance of being able to concentrate in meetings such as Child Protection ones? Any other advice would be very welcome.
He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
Julian of Norwich

Comments

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    The more info to support your case the better in my opinion..

wishing you the very best of luck with the application..

:D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    When I applied I checked whether my GP, rheumatologist and ortho surgeon would be willing to be contacted by the BB people to confirm I merited a badge. They agreed and weren't contacted. Mention anything you think supports your claim and good luck! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    I agree with the others, send as much support/evidence as you can. Definitely a letter from your GP, and perhaps something from your Access to work assessor.
    Good luck
    Numpty
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    Yup, me too. What have you to lose by submitting all you can? They might just bin it but at least you'll have given it your best shot. Good luck :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    Options
    Thank you all for your advice
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • bluebunner
    bluebunner Member Posts: 43
    Options
    My wife recently applied and was successful, she has spondylitis in her back and stated that in her application form.

I applied when I was awaiting my TKR and put that in the application and they refused on the grounds that my TKR would improve my walking ability.

I then applied again after the TKR which made things worse for me, I had an OT assessment and she awarded the BB 'cos of my very poor mobility. The same OT looked at my walking ability both occasions.

You just never know, however neither my wife's or my GP were consulted.
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Can't add anything to what the others have said Slosh, good luck hope your application is successful.....................Marie x
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • Slosh
    Options
    Thank you all. Going to get all my evidence together over the weekend and on Monday ask for copies of the letters my GP has written to the hospital.

Going to put my SENCO head on to explain why I'm applying.

Will let you know how it goes.
    Julian of Norwich
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    I just want to say good luck with it .. :)
    Love
    Barbara