BLUE BADGE

Options
hileena111
hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
edited 29. Jul 2014, 10:44 in Living with Arthritis archive
I know we are always banging on about the way these are abused.
Yesterday afternoon we were coming out of A**da to the car park......disabled bay, BB up. A large van pulled in beside us and A lady hopped out. I had a quick look....No BB so I thought, challenge her....I don't usually unless I cant find a bay and there is a car with no BB.
I went up to her and said "have you put you BB up" {its easily forgotten so I was polite} her reply....I've just come from the hospital :shock: OK but have you put your BB up? No I've just come from the hospital and they know about me ....pointing to the store......not exactly a corner shop is it :lol: where they would know her. Even if they did should it make a difference?
I thought that's barefaced cheek :lol:
Love
Hileena

Comments

• Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Well done you for challenging her! And no, it shouldn't make a difference.
    Numpty
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Again well done on challenging her.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    Options
    Hileena, that took courage! Well done, both on what you did and how you did it. Hopefully she'll think twice next time.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    Options
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi Sticky
    I love it :lol:

Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    All being well she will be needing a BB in the near future. :mrgreen:
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Well done challenging her! When I'm out and about (not very often!) and we use a BB Bay/Parking area if I see someone parking up with no badge I ask if they have a Blue Badge and if they make an excuse saying 'Only popping in something' or 'Only going to be 5 minutes' or my favourite 'The parent and toddlers bay are full' I say to them 'someone who is disabled is going to see the bays are full due to you parking here for a 'few minutes!' and will have to park along way from the entrance and suffer because of your ignorance!' then usually my OH would carry on pushing me to were we where going and leave them because half the time they would answer back a lot of the cockily which gets me annoyed!
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Good for you Hileena..I am a bit of a scardy cat when its come to challenging people..that abuse the blue badge..ever since I saw someone punched,,I love were she said they know me.... :lol: the cheek of her..SW we used to have some the warning notices ...got then on our travels I must go and find them... :idea:
    Love
    Barbara
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Good on you girl, that's what is wrong we don't pull people up enough, it was good you had OH with you for backup..................Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • bluebunner
    bluebunner Member Posts: 43
    Options
    I take my daughter to school and there are two BB bays. When they are both in use I look to see if one of them does not display the badge then park across the front so they can't get out and go through the motions of getting the wheelchair out of the car using the hoist. Usually while I'm doing that the person in the BB bay is ready to leave because their passenger is not disabled and just walks to the car and gets in - no problem, but they can't 'cos I've blocked them in. Occasionally it's a taxi that parks there.

Well what do they expect me to do, park well away from the exit so my daughter has to self propel a long way, sometimes in the rain ????
  • Slosh
    Options
    Have you mentioned this to your daughter's school? Are the spaces in the school car park or on tbe street? At tbe school where I work we have a rule that parents are not allowed to use the school car park unless this has been agreed with the head. This means that while we have a list of those who are allowed e.g. due to disability or another exceptional reason, other parents are challenged and asked to move. If it is outside again speak to the school and see if they can arrange for the community support officer from the police to spend a week doing spot checks, this also stops those parents who park on the zig-zag lines outside school entrances. You could also ask for something to be put in the school newsletter.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • Slosh
    Options
    Can't believe this one. I was in traffic so couldn't say anything, but witnessed a parking warden letting a woman off a fine for parking in a disabled bay, she didn't have a blue badge displayed and the cynic in me can't help wondering how much the fact she was young, slim and wearing a short, tight dress might have influenced him!
    Julian of Norwich
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Sounds about right. . If had been a bloke they would've had a ticket straight away.
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP