BMS anyone?

Options
Lubs
Lubs Member Posts: 155
edited 26. Jul 2014, 13:05 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi,

I know I've been on lately moaning about toothache. But my neurologist doesn't think it's toothache but more neurological pain!

The problem is at the moment that I can't eat or drink anything other than water and mash potato. If I put any seasoning onto the food then I cannot eat it, it becomes very painful. The tip of my tongue continuously tingles and feels swollen, it just pains continuously.

Has anyone heard of Burning Mouth Syndrome? If so does it usually occur with arthritis, spondylitis and Fibro? Is it something I've just got to live with and wait for it to go away?

Thanks
Lubs

Comments

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I've got to admit I haven't heard of it before... sounds awful :shock:

hope it settles very soon...
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    Options
    You've got my sympathies, Lubs, it's awful. I had it a few months ago. To be honest, I don't know if it was down to my acid reflux, or because I had stopped taking Lansoprazole. You can get rebound symptoms if you suddenly stop taking it and for a while the acid reflux symptoms get worse. You're supposed to come off it gradually, but I didn't know this and my doctor didn't tell me. Prior to this I had been taking 30mg a day for five months. However, the good news is that over a few weeks, things gradually improved. I drank a lot of cold water and this helped somewhat. I also chewed gum - which I still do, as it helps with the reflux - and this helped, too. I do hope it improves for you. Maybe your GP would be able to help if it continues? I take a low dose of Amitriptyline for neuropathic pain elsewhere (don't ask!) and this has worked well for me. Take care.
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Try Listerene it may help temporarily......................Marie x
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles