Any Advice on Cushions for Car Please

silkysam
silkysam Member Posts: 113
edited 4. Aug 2014, 16:05 in Living with Arthritis archive
I am having difficulty finding a comfortable cushion to put on the seat of the car. I bought one but it realy is quite hard. It is covered in a PVC covering. I have been to Bush Mobility shop but all the cushions there seem to hard.
I am habving a bad flare up with OA in hips and lower spine, also have L4 and L5 discs prolapsed . I feel like I have been kicked in my bottom by a donkey :( , so would appreciate anyone who has advice on anywhere I could look for a comfortable Car Cushion. Thanks :)

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello..I just use one of my cushions from the house, like you say the ones from Disability stores are so hard...I have also made one from memory foam and covered it in some materiel had .
    And there are the blow up ones but even they can be to hard :roll:
    Love
    Barbara
  • silkysam
    silkysam Member Posts: 113
    Oh that is a good idea barbara12. Where did you get the Memory foam from? Online?

I have tried a cushion from the house but they were not soft enough. Oh dear, at the moment I remind myself of the Princess in the fairy story "The Princess and the Pea" :lol: .

Thanks for good advice :)
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    It's very much a matter of personal preference. My sacro-iliacs are persistently nasty and nothing suits them so I use nothing apart from a narrow car seat that swivels so I can easily turn to get in and out. Experiment, silkysam, that's your best way forward. For my money memory foam is far harder than a feather pad which is softer than a man-made-stuffing-stuffed cushion - it's each to her own! :wink: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,764
    I think, as the others have said, you just have to experiment. Car seats come in all shapes and sizes as do bottoms :lol: You could try a pillow. Or, one of those cushions with a hole in the middle. Start experimenting :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    silkysam wrote:
    Oh that is a good idea barbara12. Where did you get the Memory foam from? Online?

I have tried a cushion from the house but they were not soft enough. Oh dear, at the moment I remind myself of the Princess in the fairy story "The Princess and the Pea" :lol: .

Thanks for good advice :)
    Eb*y...they have different sizes...and I think that amaz*n do it
    Love
    Barbara