Started off a rubbish week!

bubbadog
bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
edited 8. Aug 2014, 06:50 in Living with Arthritis archive
I hate it when you start the week feeling rubbish because you just know you have more to come! Yesterday morning felt Okay Skyped with my friend from The Netherlands. But as it went into the afternoon I started off with a horrible headache (luckily not a migraine). So I camped out on the settee and nodded off till the OH got home. He got me up to bed until tea time then helped me down but went back up to bed after. During the night I woke with burning in my left knee and that bothered me the whole night. This morning my left knee has become so painful I can't put weight on it and if I try and put weight on it I get shooting pain in the centre. I'm not sure if it's a flare-up as I had a slight pain in the left knee over the weekend but the major pain was in my left shoulder (which is still painful now but know where as painful as the knee!!). What do you guys think, flare up or something else?

Comments

• LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    (((((()))))) whatever it is, it doesn't sound nice. How do you feel in terms of fatigue? I usually find that the fatigue hits with the joint pain but that might just be me. It sounds like something is going on if joints have been playing up since the weekend. Maybe give it a few days and keep an eye on what happens?
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,764
    That does sound like a poor start to the week bubbadog. As LV says, I'd give it a day or two and see what happens. At least it's moving about. They always tell me that's good though it never actually seems so :roll:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Sorry Bubba, hope it's not a flare. Hope you can get lots of rest.
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Sorry to hear that. Keeping my fingers crossed that you start to feel better soon.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • bubbadog
    Hi, LV I've been feeling exhausted, have a nap in the afternoon on the sofa until my OH comes home from work then we go and sit in the garden for a short while just to get some fresh air. My seat is right by the conservatory door so not far to walk and my OH helps me down the small step. And I know I'm feeling under the weather because I'm not feeling up to reading!!
  • Slosh
    Not feeling like reading is not good. Have you tried listening to books? I found a free app, Audiobooks, all the books are free, mainly classics, and read by volunteers so you tend to get different voices for different chapters, and the american pronunciation can grate sometimes but they're not bad. Hope you feel up to reading soon.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • LignumVitae
    That doesn't sound good. Is it worth calling your Rheumy team and letting them know things aren't good? Take care Bubba ((((((()))))) hope these help a bit
  • LignumVitae
    How are you today? (((((())))))
  • Slosh
    Same question as LV.
    Julian of Norwich
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Hello bubba..just to say I hope you feel better has the week goes on..(((())) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Hpe you are feeing a wee bit better Bubba ((((()))))......................Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • bubbadog
    Feeling some what better today thank you all, going to see my Niece & baby great-Nephew today he has just turned 3 months old! Sort of family affair as my Mom's coming and my sister and Nephew are going to be there as well!! Just glad it's the weekend as well!! :)
  • Slosh
    Hope you have a lovely day, collect lots of hugs from the children but make sure you don't get tempted to do too much.
    Julian of Norwich