Great British Bake Off

Options
Slosh
Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
edited 10. Aug 2014, 05:08 in Community Chit-chat archive
I see this is back tonight amd I wondered how many others, like me are looking forward to it. It is just such a good feel programme. Presenters who aren't out to humiliate the contestants and who get on well and contestants who while they all want to win aren't there to do it by putting others down. Only problem is it always leaves me craving cake!
He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
Julian of Norwich

Comments

• Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Yes, I really enjoy this series. There's something about watching people cook that really appeals to me. As someone who used to love sewing, but can no longer do it, I also enjoy "The Great British Sewing Bee", the same format, but sewing instead of baking.
    Numpty
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    Options
    and whats wrong with craving cake? :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I too enjoy this series, the creations and skills demonstrated by the contestants is a constant source of astonishment to me. (I am the type of cook who can manage to ruin a shop-bought pie. :oops: ) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    slosh I love it, like you say they don't humiliate the cooks..well only slightly..it amazes me how good some of them are...I love baking but not brilliant... :)
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Thank heavens that noisy woman has gone. I predict that next week it will the beardy-one. DD
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    Ha! I thought she was doomed the moment she argued with the judges :lol:
    Numpty
  • Slosh
    Options
    Have to agree, Mary and Paul know what they are talking about and to do this in the first episode was never going to be good.
    Beardy bloke next?
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    Beardy bloke or the one who just had stubble on his neck. (It just looks so odd :? ) I can't claim any more than nul points when it comes to dress sense but his shirt bore a close resemblance to one my son had to wear in his gap year (about 22 years ago) when waiting on people in a trendy restaurant. Maybe that crossed with a Virgin Atlantic air hostess's blouse.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    Options
    Was he the one with the hair slides?
    Julian of Norwich
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    I'm sure he washed his hands but the idea of eating anything scruffy funny shirt man cooked wasn't appealing to me, I wanted to give him a good wash and scrub.
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • stickywicket
    Options
    I didn't notice (I'm exceptionally unobservant :oops: ) but, from what I remember, he was the only bloke who would (a) require them and (b) not just decide a short back and sides was preferable :wink:
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I reckon Mr Scruff is somewhere on the Asperger's spectrum, he had some of the classic indicators. I liked the WI member and the older Scottish man very much. DD
  • stickywicket
    Options
    :oops: Oh dear! I hadn't realised. Memo to self - SW you are not 100% perfect yourself :roll:
    Steven Wright
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    I saw the 1st series of 'The Great British Bake Off' and caught it on Saturday It's a guilty pleasure for me as my OH hates it! All I can say is thank goodness for the Iplayer!!