Cimzia side effects

Options
mgb
mgb Member Posts: 3
edited 9. Aug 2014, 08:05 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi, I have been prescribed Cimzia recently & after reading about the side effects I am really concerned !! Is there anyone out there who is on this or have the same concerns?

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello, it's lovely to meet you but I am sorry you have had to find us. I have not taken cimzia but I have tried three other biologics; I can understand your concerns about side-effects because they do sound worrying, don't they?

I took one biologic that rebelled on me, I didn't have a clue because I felt OK but my fortnightly blood tests showed the problem. Due to the monitoring things were resolved so please ensure that you are conscientious about having your bloods done on a regular basis. Side-effects must be listed but that is not a guarantee that they will materialise. My view has always been that what matters is the quality of life now and in the future, and if the meds improve it then that is what matters. These meds are still relatively new, and docs do not know the long-term implications of taking them, but I hope that won't stop you trying to find out if this is the med that could make a big, positive difference to the quality of your life. I wish you well. DD (Who takes sulphasalzine, injected meth and injected humira.)
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mgb
    mgb Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi DD thanks for replying! I am just really concerned because after 17 years of trying various meds (methotrexate,enbrel,humira ) along with leflunomide, I am having to change to another one yet again & I am really not happy with the listed side effects but thank you for your help & I wish you well . MGB X
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    As far as I can tell all the ones you have tried probably have the similar effects - I am on injected meth, humira and sulphasalazine, life is not wonderful but it's better than it could be. Because I began the meds far too late I have now have OA in many of my PsA damaged joints so the unholy trinity of meds doesn't touch that. :lol: It may be worth putting the word cimzia in the search function on here, all the threads where it is mentioned should come up and you can read of others' experiences - I should have mentioned this yesterday, I apologise, :oops: it was a rough day. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    Hello. I'm sorry I can't help as I've never taken cimzia but, as DD says, the potential side-effects of all our meds can sound very scary. I hope someone will see this who takes, or has taken cimzia and I hope all goes well for you.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • cherrybim
    cherrybim Member Posts: 334
    Options
    Hello. I don't think the listed possible side effects of Cimzia vary much, if at all, from those of other anti TNF meds.

I took Cimzia for two years, had no problems whatsoever and was quite content with its performance. However my Rheumy thought I could do better and put me on Enbrel :?

I'm still sulking 'cos I really dislike the Enbrel epipen and much preferred the Cimzia syringe method of delivering the 'objection' :lol:

I hope it serves you well as I still think it did me.

Cherry
  • AmandaJones
    AmandaJones Bots Posts: 36
    Options
    Hi, sorry I can’t help much as I have never been on Cimzia, but read it burns a tiny bit and you need to inject it really slow as it is much thicker. Also be watchful of allergic reactions such as hives and fungal infections.

This forum is full of lovely helping people. Hope you get better responses from actual Cimzia takers.

Amanda
  • cherrybim
    cherrybim Member Posts: 334
    Options
    Amanda, no,it does not burn and its no more viscous than Myocrisin. Try that in your ****