The weather.

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 12. Aug 2014, 10:09 in Community Chit-chat archive
By crikey Mr DD and me are experiencing today's weather event with a grandstand seat. We are staying in a house in Kent which is slap-bang on the top of a cliff. Apparently on a clear day one can see France; today is not a clear day, in fact we cannot see the Channel at all at the moment thanks to the rain clouds. :) At the back of the property there are fields (on the other side of the M20) which were dotted with sheep. We cannot see the sheep either, or the motorway.

The house is being buffeted like no-one's business and the rain is almost horizontal. We are going to stay indoors. Wherever you are I hope it's not too bad and that none of us have property damaged or flooding occur. DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Sounds terrifying! Take care, guess this wasn't the weather you were expecting when you planned to visit the coast.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    Options
    How awful for you DD. I hope the building is safe up on that cliff top. xx

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    If you are safe and snug it sounds wonderful. I love wind and rain. However, it sounds as if you two lovebirds will just have to snuggle up to each other and stay put :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    Batten down the hatches DD!
    I hope the weather improves for you very soon.
    Take care,
    Numpty
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I admit that I am beginning to feel rather anxious: the windows are making ominous creaking noises (they're all double-glazed and locked) but the wind speed has increased to an alarming degree. There is a little patch of blue sky, and I can see the Channel in all its murky glory but the house next door is covered in scaffolding and some of the planks are lifting . . . . . :shock:

I'm moving to the back of the house. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Its not to bad here ..we had a downpour earlier but no wind...hope tomorrow is a better one then you can get out and about..
    Love
    Barbara
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    spoke to soon.... :o
    Love
    Barbara
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    After all the heat and sunshine who'd have expected this? The Southern region and especially along the coast is being hit the hardest. Dare I say the North is going to get the worst of it from now on, according to the weather people, not that they have been very accurate lately.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    We had some real nasty showers and a good house shaking thunder storm, glad the heat has cooled down some what, not a fan of heavy rain mind you. Willow was going out in the back garden between the showers and kept getting caught in them and I had to call her to come in and she looked like a drowned rat! this carried on all afternoon, she would go out and 5mins later heavy shower would start and she would cower under chair and I would have to call her to come in!!
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    We have had some rain here in Leeds. Strong winds are blowing the clouds away rather quickly though so now it's blue skies. 18*

The place sounds incredible. Also looks it hun. I would love to be there to watch a full blown storm out to sea. I love it in Skeggy when it is stormy. I usually drive up to the seafront and watch the lightening. Wonderful.

I'm sure you are safe. Mr DD wouldn't let anything happen to ya.
    YBH'S as per usual.

Xxxxx
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP