Tendon pain in wrist and hand

Options
Twinkletoes36
Twinkletoes36 Member Posts: 26
edited 18. Aug 2014, 04:59 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi
Just wanted to know if anyone has tendon issues in their hands and wrist? If so what's the best treatment? Mine seems to be getting worse?

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    How does tendon pain differ from RA pain or OA pain please, Twinkletoes?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • AmandaJones
    AmandaJones Bots Posts: 36
    Options
    I had a few times, a tendon pain, but it was a response to daily activities, mostly a travel and exercise. It is irrespective of my OA.

If that’s what you exactly meant :?: , I manage it by topical analgesics and ice packs. Apply ice 10 to 15 minutes at a time, as often as twice an hour, for 72 hours. Continue applying ice as long as it relieves pain. It is interesting to know even smoking delays wound and tissue healing.

I am not sure if this of any help :? !!!

Amanda.
  • Twinkletoes36
    Options
    Hi Stickywicket, not sure what you mean?
  • Twinkletoes36
    Options
    Hi Amanda

Thanks for your reply, I've got psoriatic arthritis and I'm getting what I think is tenosynovitis in my wrist/hand. It's so painful by the end of the day and just wasn't sure wether there was any advice from anyone who'd had the same. Been taking paracetamol but will try ice packs thank you.
    The inflammation is down to the arthritis as the consultant confirmed when I saw him. Starting humira in a few days so hopefully that might help.
  • Twinkletoes36
    Options
    ....spoke to nurse today and been given some exercises and hopefully the humira injection which start tomorrow should ease the tendonitis.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I have Achilles tendonitis in both heels, it's always present despite my unholy trio of meds. I find gentle stretching, maybe a smear of Voltarol and heat can help to relax the tendon. My tendon pain differs to that of my OA and auto-immune joint damage. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Dakky
    Dakky Member Posts: 53
    Options
    I suffer from tendon pain constantly, and have it in the wrists and fingers as I type this. Stretching and creams may probably be your best answer. But if you find this isn't helping, then i find keeping the hand and wrists in their natural position to help greatly.

I know it's not very practical, but when your tendons are inflamed like this, constantly using them by rotating or gripping only seems to intensify the pain for me. You can try doing what I do. I let my arms hang, wherever your wrist and hands end up, will be the position your body finds most comfortable. Try and keep them in that position for most of the day and night and I generally find i start to get relief the next day.

Hope this helps.