Movelat gel

Options
joanmary1
joanmary1 Member Posts: 16
edited 20. Aug 2014, 08:19 in Living with Arthritis archive
Has anyone on here used Movelat gel for pain relief?

Thanks
Joan.

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Sorry, I've not heard of it. Have you got it on prescription or over the counter? If the latter, do read the leaflet with it to ensure it won't clash with any other meds you may be taking :)
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • joanmary1
    Options
    Sorry, I've not heard of it. Have you got it on prescription or over the counter? If the latter, do read the leaflet with it to ensure it won't clash with any other meds you may be taking :)

Thanks for replying.

It won't clash with anything I've got it on prescription!
    Joan.
  • jackiel
    jackiel Member Posts: 19
    Options
    Hello, I'm very new here, I only joined this evening, I was prescribed this gel for my osteoarthritis but have to say sadly it has done nothing to help !
  • tenbury
    tenbury Member Posts: 52
    Options
    Yes I have used Movelat gel it was ok but not brilliant, now it get Piroxicam gel and I find that very good, good luck Joan hope you can get it and give it a go.
  • joanmary1
    Options
    Thanks for your replies. Doesn't look as though it's a Gel of choice!! I will give it good trial as it was prescribed by my DR.
    Joan.
  • jackiel
    jackiel Member Posts: 19
    Options
    As far as I am aware its a 'cheap' prescribed gel, so usually a GP's first choice to prescribe before the bill goes up lol !
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I've heard of it but I know it won't do what we would like it to do because it can't. Any form of pain relief is temporary, sometimes far too temporary for comfort. :( DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi
    I haven't heard of it but surely temporary pain relief is better than no pain relief.?
    You say it wont clash with anything because it was prescribed.
    I wouldn't be so sure about that...you are probably right but it has be know for GP's to prescribe things that clash with other meds.
    Its 30 odd years since I did my drug assessment as a nurse so things have changed but I have been prescribed some meds that clash with epilepsy meds I'm taking :shock:
    If I hadn't queried it I would be taking them and as I've been stable for a long time now I don't want to rock the boat......goodness knows what effect it might have had
    Love
    Eileen
  • joanmary1
    Options
    I am back on Meloxicam now instead!
    Joan.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    That sounds more likely to help :)
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright