Emergency Orthapedic appointment. pocket duties please

Options
Slosh
Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
edited 15. Aug 2014, 10:11 in Living with Arthritis archive
Due to my GP's concerns about the increasing weakness in my left leg resulting in him sending me to A and E last Friday, the consultant I'm under wants to see me himself and so I have an appointment with him this Friday morning at 9.00. This is to decide what the problem and it's cause is and whether I stay with orths and possibly have another MRI or need a new referral to rheumatology if he feels it is a muscular problem. Just a bit anxious...
He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
Julian of Norwich

Comments

• hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Slosh
    I'll be in your pocket....OK?

Love
    Hileena
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    I'm in :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    Options
    Thank you
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Count me in too Slosh x
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    count me in slosh, hope the appointment is a good one..x
    Love
    Barbara
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Count me in Slosh! Hope all goes well.
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,937
    Options
    Hello Slosh
    i will be there good luck.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    Options
    I'll be there too, Slosh. Hope it goes well.

Meg
  • Slosh
    Options
    Thank you all. Will let you know how I get on.
    Julian of Norwich
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    I'll be there, good luck Slosh. I really hope they look after you and get things sorted xx
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Best of luck today sloshy. .
    Hope the appointment goes well. Count me in for pocket duties and I'm bringing YBH'S too. :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Jumping in too Slosh. Mig
  • Slosh
    Options
    Just checked in for a bit of support before I leave. Starting to feel a bit nervous now but feel better with all you with me. Will let you know how I get on.
    Wish me luck as you wave me goodbye.....
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Who said anything about waving you goodbye? We're coming with you :wink:
    Steven Wright
  • LignumVitae
    Options
    Wishing you luck and not waving good bye - as Sticky said - we are there with you. Can't you hear the uproar and kerfuffle in your pocket? Somebody said lycra and Mig is off again.
  • Slosh
    Options
    Ok. The consultant was lovely. He listened, asked questions, examined me and is obviously concerned. He said the weakness in my left leg is significant and did not query me having crutches, and I'm couldn't help but notice I am now being asked if I have anyone at home to help me as it is "obvious I am having difficulties".
    He felt that extra physio wouldn't do any harm and so I have the referral to hand in to Abdel on Monday.

He said it is unclear what the cause of the problem is. He is referring me for a further MRI scan of my whole spine to double check nothing is going on here, I had one in December which was ok, and then wants to see me again in 6 weeks to review me.

The scary bit is that he is referring me to neurology, and as he doesn't want me to get lost in the system (his words) was also going to email neurology and if I haven't heard from them with an appointment date in a month have to phone orths.

Pleased of course that it's not being dismissed, and that it is being taken seriously but scared about neurology. Trying to hold on to the fact that I had CT scan on my brain in December and it was normal.

Think I'm going to be needing your support guys.
    Julian of Norwich
  • LignumVitae
    Options
    Blimey Slosh, that is a lot to take in. No wonder you feel a bit scared but we are all here to support you every step of the way. I think your positive approach to rationalising that things were OK in December is the way to go. I also think it is good that you seem to have a really good and thorough consultant because thorough means he is going to check out every tiny possibility in order to rule it out. They are on to it and that it what you need. I think it is time you kicked back and relaxed for the rest of the day. Take care (((((())))))
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Well, you're one up on me there, Slosh. I'm sure if they did a scan of my brain 'normal' would never come into it :lol:

Try not to get too hung up over the neurology thing. Quite a few on here, with back problems, also see a neurologist. Better safe than sorry and better the devil you know than the devil you don't know – to thoroughly mix my metaphors :roll:

That was another good appointment. Maybe you are just lucky in the medical personnel you see but I suspect your own commitment to doing whatever you can to improve matters also plays a part.

I shall be there for the next appointment.
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    Options
    Thank you both. I am very lucky to have a consultant who isn't just saying the problem isn't his area, but one who wants to find out what is going on. Initially he said he would see me after my MRI but then changed his mind as he said he wanted to review me anyway. Have a feeling he will be talking to his registrar who was so dismissive last month.

Now a real problem. My boiler has decided to stop working again so I'm waiting for a phone call from a central heating engineer as my usual one is on holiday.

Treats bought!
    Julian of Norwich
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    I am glad to see you have been totally taken seriously Slosh, your ortho is leaving no stone unturned. Neurologists are not scary at all mine is drop dead gorgeous, wish I was thirty years younger :lol: :oops: Lets hope the appointments come through soon and they can get to the bottom of things.

Hope you get a phone call soon about your boiler, I also hope you are now sitting with your feet up enjoying your treats............take care.................Marie x
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • Slosh
    Options
    Thank you so much for that Villier. It's good to have some reassurance. I'm definitely giving thanks for the NHS at present and that I am lucky that I have a thorough GP who chases things and sends me to hospital when needed as well a consultant who is not just saying, not my problem. Hopefully as Abdel my physio said he would priorities me once I gave him my letter I won't wait too long to hear about that.
    Sitting, relaxing with some malteasers in the fridge for later.

As you say the most important thing is that I'm not being fobbed off.
    Julian of Norwich