PIP

Philippa1961
Philippa1961 Member Posts: 38
I'm in a state of shock and in a good way. Not only am I entitled to the Daily Living component of PIP at the Enhanced rate I am entitled to the Mobility component of PIP at the Enhanced rate. It is being back dated to the 3rd October 2013 which is the date I first applied for it. We are seriously thinking about getting a car on the mobility scheme as that will make our lives better. If we do I know I can get a free tax disc as well.

Comments

• mommy2two
    mommy2two Member Posts: 8
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Yay!!! Well done. I'm still waiting for my decision. First applied 17th December last year. How long did DWP take to make your decision? The decision maker has had my files 2 weeks now.

Sarah
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Very good news, Philippa. I'm glad it's worked out so well for you.

You can check out the Motability scheme on their website. I used Motability cars in my driving days and the scheme was perfect for me.

I think the free tax disc only applies if the car is for your exclusive use. This is why we don't claim now as Mr SW sometimes uses the car for playing golf.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • ruby2
    ruby2 Member Posts: 423
    Great news Phillipa :)
    Ruby
  • Philippa1961
    Philippa1961 Member Posts: 38
    I've been busy the past few days and it's finally sunk in. I am getting a car on the motability scheme, we have decided that I will be the sole drver so know I will get the free tax disc. It will make our lives much easier.