what to do next

Options
slinkysue
slinkysue Member Posts: 3
Hi, I'm new to this forum, I have had DLA for 3 years now, due to run out in September next year, Full mobility, 2nd stage care. I have recently been told by my consultant that there is no operation that would benefit my condition in my spine & I would have to live with my arthritis. This condition has a massive effect on my mobility ie heavy painful legs & chronic fibromyalgia. I am absolutely terrified of having to start reapplying for, what probably is going to be PIP. Any advice :?:

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello slinkysue and welcome to the forum. I know PIP assessments are a worry for some but I'd have thought that, if you need a carer, you shouldn't have a problem with it. I can't really offer any advice other than to enlist the aid of CAB or DIAL. They have helped a few people on here to fill out their applications.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I know that PIP will be rolled out in my area at some point in the future and, from what I understand, because I was awarded a lifetime of higher-rate mobility under DLA, the transfer should be straightforward (but I will lose some money because I use walking aids). I agree with Sticky, when the time comes please contact the CAB or DIAL, they should be able to help you with the forms but I doubt you have much to fear given the level of DLA you currently receive. Good luck, please let us know how you get on. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • slinkysue
    slinkysue Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks for your comments, please forgive my ignorance but who is DIAL? I will keep you posted as to how things progress.
  • stickywicket
    Options
    DIAL UK is a disability helpline run by disabled people for disabled people. Google it to find your local one :)
    Steven Wright
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Hello Emma and welcome to the forum. As you'll see from the above, CAB and DIAL UK are good at helping disabled people with application forms so it might be worth talking to them.
    Steven Wright