Advice on Laptop table please

Options
silkysam
silkysam Member Posts: 113
edited 20. May 2017, 06:54 in Living with Arthritis archive
I am just wondering if anyone has advice on a good Laptop Holder or table. I mostly sit on Sofa with my Laptop. This is not ideal for my OA of Hip and Spine. also disc problems. I have limited room so sitting by a table is not an option at the moment. Does anyone have any advice on a good Laptop table I could use while I am sitting on the sofa please. Thanks for advice.

Comments

• Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I have one of those folding tables, the kind that are height adjustable, I think they're called TV tables, I bought it from a certain well known Internet store. Can I also suggest you think about a suitable chair, one which is higher and more upright. Mine swivels, useful as I have limited movement in my neck and also reclines. I no longer sit on my sofa as it's too painful.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • silkysam
    Options
    Yes, I was thinking I don't think I can stick this much longer. Either the OA in hips or prolapsed discs give me such pain in my buttock area, it is too painful to stick being on the laptop for long. I will take a look for a table and a chair as you suggested Slosh. So kind of you to help :)
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    I dislike laptops, partly because I seem to have the wrong sort of lap :wink: and partly because I definitely have the wrong sort of fingers for a flat keyboard.

Have you thought of one of those laptrays designed for them? The things with a flat top but cushioned underneath bit.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • silkysam
    Options
    Stickywicket I hadn't thought of a LapTray. I will take a look at those also. Thanks for replying so speedily. So grateful :)
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    I can't use a lap top tray as they are still too low for me.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • FelicityD
    FelicityD Bots Posts: 39
    Options
    I found sitting on the sofa with a laptop tray still uncomfortable. I got DH to fix two wall shelves one at sitting height when on a exercise ball. The second at standing height when sitting starts to bother me. I am a petite lady and have always found desks etc just a bit to high for me and office chairs fiddly, I was never really comfortable working at a desk. This solution worked well for me. The cat also seems to think so too! I always have to move him of them, when I need to use the laptop:)
  • silkysam
    Options
    Ha ha Felicity, that made me smile about your cat. I sound very similar to you, being petite and finding office chairs fiddly. So that does sound like a good idea. I find the laptop really seems to affect the whole of my thigh and hip, just the weight of it. As for my cat, well apart from trying to sit on the keyboard, I came down this morning and she has taken a liking to my new cushion, just two days old and very comfortable (the cushion, not the cat) I tried reasoning with her, but in the end I had to pick her up and reclaim my new cushion back :lol: As I sit here now, she is edging nearer and nearer trying to stake a claim on this cushion, not to mention keeping her front paws on my my heatpack! :). I like the idea of a table as I know my posture is being affected by me being on the laptop. I am having a bad day, trying to distract myself. Thank you for getting back :)
  • jamescalery
    jamescalery Member Posts: 1
    Options
    a variety of positions and avoids trapping too much heat against your legs while you work. Flexible for bed table are best you can just watch movie and fall a sleep without any problem also coming with cooling pads
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Options
    Hi jamescalery,

Welcome to the forum, how kind to use your first post to help someone x

I hope you are doing well, which type/s of arthritis lodge with you? If you want to share your story please do, Living with Arthritis is the forum to visit. If you want any light relief or non arthritis conversation visit Chit-chat. Other forums are pretty much self explanatory

Looking forward to seeing you around

Yvonne x
  • silkysam
    Options
    Hi jamescalery. Thank you so much for your very welcome advice. I do have a problem with the overheating. Your many tips are very useful. Welcome to Arthritiscareforum. Have a wonderful day :D