Smells!

Options
Sharon2960
Sharon2960 Member Posts: 329
edited 19. Aug 2014, 07:00 in Living with Arthritis archive
Even though we are a non smoking household, and rarely have visitors who do smoke (and then, only outside), I seem to regularly smell cigarette smoke (fresh, not stale, as though someone is smoking at the time), in our living room. It's not outside. It seems I'm the only one who smells it; so stands to reason it's not a 'real' smell? So, I've done various google searches, and there is a site (daily strength), where a couple if people on the forum have made similar comments!

So, just wondering if this happens, or has happened, to anyone else on here?

Really gets the back of my throat and tastes awful! Spending a fortune on mints!

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I've not had this but I think it can be a sign of a problem with the nose or olfactory system. Maybe get it checked out,
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi Sharon

I got this for a time and I thought I might be going mad! ;) It eventually went but while it lasted which was quite a time as I remember it was not at all pleasant.

You have my sympathies and I hope it disappears eventually like mine did.

Elna
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    When I first joined the forum this was a fairly common topic; it sometimes happens to me in that my fingertips occasionally smell of vomit but it doesn't last long, which is just as well because it isn't very nice. I keep forgetting to mention it to any doctor I see, I must try harder on that front because there may be a sensible explanation. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi
    The only connection I have heard of that in is epilepsy
    Some people get a smell before a seizure {aura} others hear certain sounds, me ...when I used to have them fairly regularly I would be in a room and I would know what each person was going to say before they said it or going to do eg sit down stand up.....weird!! Obviously they had already said the thing or sat down stood up etc
    I've been stable for 33 years now thank goodness.
    Never heard of it in connection with arthritis
    Love
    Hileena