May I have my stuffing back, please?

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 21. Aug 2014, 13:24 in Living with Arthritis archive
I don't recall losing it but this morning I resemble a soft toy that has lost its kapok. It would appear that during the night a kapok thief gently opened one of my seams, softly removed my valuable padding and carefully sewed me back up. The result? I can barely stand due to extreme floppiness. Maybe if I go back to bed the thief may return and make things right . . . . . . :wink: . Forget spoons, if any of you have some spare stuffing will you kindly donate it to me? Or (apart from prednisolone) do you know where I can find a fresh source? DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh go get stuffed, DD :wink:

Sorry, as you know, all my kapok is fully accounted for. Have a hug instead. ((()))
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Sorry but since I gave up sewing I'm all out of stuffing. Got some fluff in my vacuum cleaner but wouldn't reccomend it. Have some East London hugs as well )))))
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    It wasn't me! I haven't got much stuffing but I do have a bit of spare padding still if that would help? It's a bit floppy and saggy though. I hope you find it again and like Peter Pan, find a Wendy to do the sewing for you (((((())))))
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Thank you one and all, I rather like your suggestion, Sticky! I am spending an idle day with plenty of cuppas and some snoozing; I can feel some stuffing returning to my feeble body. I have someone coming round in a moment to help me sort out my very messy kitchen cupboards, I think a sit-and-point session is in order viz. bin, keep, charity shop. Hopefully I won't doze off! DD
  • Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    Options
    I've got a little bag of stuffing. It came from my knitted knocker (breast prosthesis) When it arrived it was too full, so I pulled some out. :lol: One careful owner, hardly used. :D

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,936
    Options
    Hello DD
    i'm sorry i think your stuffing has gone to get some sage and onion.
    ((((((((DD))))))))
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    Hello DD, sorry to say the only stuffing I`ve got here is the sage and onion variety : not likely to be much help to you I`m afraid.

Hope your kapok is returned soon.
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Options
    I'll try and send some from my fingers DD - judging by the fact I can't bend them they are obviously over-endowed in the kapok department.
  • LignumVitae
    Options
    I hope it has been duly returned to you during the night (((((())))))
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    The help turned up with a severely runny nose and hacking cough so was summarily dispatched. The night was not one of my better ones so I am still floppy; another gentle day beckons. My masseuse is due to beat me up at lunchtime, I'm not sure what I will be able to tolerate but if I can't, we'll sit and have a natter instead.

I love sage and onion stuffing, I have been known to mix some up, roast it and eat it for lunch. :oops I also do my own version of Scotch eggs using the same and another kind, mixed in with mash, makes a lovely topping for a fish pie. DD
  • Slosh
    Options
    Sorry to hear you have not managed to locate yourmissing stuffing. Perhaps your masseuse will bring some and be able to restuff you.
    Fingers crossed
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Ask your masseuse to stuff you prior to beating you up. Live dangerously :wink:
    Steven Wright
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    Options
    Sorry to hear that your stuffing has gone, DD. I've got some toy stuffing in a cupboard somewhere. Will that do?

Seriously, I hope that you gradually begin to feel better. Take care.

Meg
  • Slosh
    Options
    Hope your masseuse managed to get some stuffing back into you.
    Julian of Norwich
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    Hope you feel better soon, DD.

xxAnna
  • LignumVitae
    Options
    Hope it has been returned or at least some of it has(((())))
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Alas no, it hasn't. I spent yesterday evening in total meltdown because the flaming obvious struck and struck hard. I am now going to spend the next couple of months keeping a diary and doing bloods in order to either prove or disprove my theory which is that the humira is giving up the ghost (mind you, it wasn't much of ghost to give up :lol: ). I've been taking it for just over five years and we all know that these meds don't work for ever. My knees have not felt like this for five years, patches of psoriasis are appearing all over the place (and I have a lot of place :wink: ) and this is not a flare. Hey-ho, onwards and sideways! DD
  • stickywicket
    Options
    I like your diary and bloods resolution. I very much hope you're wrong because we often don't realise quite how much the meds were doing until we stop them. Please take things very, very easy and give your body a chance re-stuff itself. ((((()))))
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    Options
    So sorry to hear this DD. As I have OA I don't have experience of the drugs you are on for your RA but just hope that things do settle down for you soon and that something can be sorted for you.
    You do seem to be going through the mill at the present.
    Sending some East London hugs ((((()))))
    Julian of Norwich
  • LignumVitae
    Options
    Oh DD, all I can think to say is a forum legal what a total beggar. Is it worth contacting your Rheumy along with the bloods and diary? If you give them a heads up they might get you sorted sooner rather than later (((((((())))))))
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    Ah DD, that is nasty news. As was said already, rest up so your stuffing can rebuild. Sending many empathetic hugs from the long, winding and extremely bumpy PsA road. ((((()))))
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    I'm with LV on this one I totally agree it would be worth even talking to Rheumy nurse. Hoping that the stuffing you have got left expands a little at least and you get a little bit of relief (((()))) xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles