Not sure what is up with me

bubbadog
bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
edited 22. Aug 2014, 05:40 in Living with Arthritis archive
Over the last couple of weeks my fatigued has increased and I've been feeling fairly drained. Also my left knee has been misbehaving and locking on and off, I wasn't sure if it was a flare as the pain came and went with the knee. But this morning I woke up feeling freezing and needed my snuggle cardigan on. I also feel totally yuk and when I looked in the mirror I looked as white as a ghost! And my left knee was painful again and I also had pain in my lower back. I can't decide if it's just a flu type bug or a flare up, what are your thoughts is there a flu type bug going about?

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    It's not the flu season yet (though almost into the flu jab season :wink: ) but that doesn't mean to say other viruses aren't about. I've always found that anything that raises my temperature sets off the RA. I hope you're soon feeling better.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    I don't have RA but felt really ill Sunday through to yesterday with flu like aches, goosebumps etc and an upset stomach so perhaps there is some kind of bug going around.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • AmandaJones
    AmandaJones Bots Posts: 36
    Hey, it could be flare, flu or other virus. I am not sure; anyone can make an accurate prediction about what it is. For me, sickness causes flares and flu-like symptoms are common sign.

Anyway in both cases you need to treat your symptoms. Visit your doc. He may run a flu test. Meanwhile Take it easy and try to stay hydrated and warm.

Get well soon.

Amanda.
  • Susiesoo
    Susiesoo Member Posts: 358
    I hope you are feeling better. Get well soon.

Susie
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    hello bubba I have heard a few people on here talk about having flu like symptoms just before a flare, I hope its not and you feel better very soon..x
    Love
    Barbara