Xray results.

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 24. Aug 2014, 08:07 in Living with Arthritis archive
My hospital had cause to ring me earlier today so I asked for the results of the Xrays I had back in June (they hadn't been forwarded to the GP as promised). The results were as I expected with a small surprise.

I have new bone growth on my right heel and definite osteophytes on the left. I thought this was the case and it's good to have it confirmed.

I have severe degenerative osteoarthritis in both knees, they were bad three years ago but are far worse now. Quelle surprise. :roll:

Despite pain in both hips and constant pain in the sacros my pelvis is fine and shows no signs of deterioration (this is the small surprise). I have no doubt they will in time, she says drily.

I am off to do my bloods tomorrow, and the nurse said to do them again in a month rather than the fortnight I thought (in view of my current circumstances) so I'll compromise and do them after three weeks. If the hospital is alarmed then they will call me in to see my rheumatologist ahead of my December appointment.

We'll see about that. DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh DD I feel for you on top of everything else..the hips and the sacro joint seem to go hand in hand..I am due injections in it, I think myself lucky my knees are behaving..really wish I could help...((())) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    I'll optimistically call this mainly good news but that's because I always like to know the score. The score aint good but, if it's bad enough to get something happening, that'll do. They are monitoring you well which is good. I guess you could have told them what the knees and ankles would show. As for the hips and sacros, who knows? You, obviously, as you feel them daily :roll: Now, be a good girl and do as the rheumatologist says :lol: It's what you'd tell the rest of us to do :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Hello Barbara, thank you for your reply and I sincerely hope your knees do the decent thing and keep behaving (your shiny new hip should help with that, yes?) I'm not sure what you mean about this being 'on top of everything else' but hopefully, if I do see an ortho, he might take pity on me and agree to new joints. Knowing my luck I'll still be three years too young! :lol:

Hello Sticky, yup, I have the score confirmed and maybe it's enough to get things moving but if not, well, I'll just thkweem and thkweem until they knock me out with GA and get to work with the Black and Decker. :| DD
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    My black & decker is on charge soon as they give the word I'm ready.Have drill will travel.Mig
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Hello Barbara, thank you for your reply and I sincerely hope your knees do the decent thing and keep behaving (your shiny new hip should help with that, yes?) I'm not sure what you mean about this being 'on top of everything else' but hopefully, if I do see an ortho, he might take pity on me and agree to new joints. Knowing my luck I'll still be three years too young! :lol:

Hello Sticky, yup, I have the score confirmed and maybe it's enough to get things moving but if not, well, I'll just thkweem and thkweem until they knock me out with GA and get to work with the Black and Decker. :| DD
    oops sorry, meant you having all this on top of the PA...hope they can help with the joints..suppose new ones is the only way to go..scarey but at least they will be pain free..x
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    Options
    mig wrote:
    My black & decker is on charge soon as they give the word I'm ready.Have drill will travel.Mig

Aha! I see a new adventure coming along :D The AC workforce. No job too large or too small. Bring your own tools. The uniform (for males only) will be lycra, by strict insistence of Forewoman Mig). For women dress is optional (but compulsory).
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Oh I see, Barbara, I apologise for being dim. :oops: I tend to regard them as, well, not quite one-and-the-same but they are both arthritis. The thought of being pain-free in one or two areas is bothersome - the rest will still flaming hurt so what is the point? That does niggle me.

Ah Sticky, do you remember the good old days of the forum M.A.S.H. unit housed in Mell's workshop? Frog doing the teas, Airwave manning the bar, clean straw every day . . . . if I get a knee or two done that special place might need to be reopened.

Mig? :shock: Crikey. GULP. DD
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Options
    Initially I had a bit of a reading/comprehension disconnect with this post and thought the B&D was to be used on the uncooperative medics.It was the mention of lycra that finally registered that I'd misunderstood....
  • stickywicket
    Options
    daffy2 wrote:
    Initially I had a bit of a reading/comprehension disconnect with this post and thought the B&D was to be used on the uncooperative medics

And why not :D
    Steven Wright
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    I'll optimistically call this mainly good news but that's because I always like to know the score. The score aint good but, if it's bad enough to get something happening, that'll do.

I was going to say something similar. Knowledge is power and now you know, you can act on this new information.

Keep on truckin' like you always do, DD.
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    A brief and un-interesting up-date; my left knee is full of fluid and refusing to bend. I've upped the diclos to three per day to see if that helps. My right knee (the worst with the OA) is unhappy at the extra strain - sometimes one cannot win, yes? DD
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    Oh DD, that's a double unfair arthritis hit. No, sometimes you can't win the battle. Hopefully we can win the war though (((((())))))
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • stickywicket
    Options
    ((((()))))
    Steven Wright