hydroxychloroquine makes me feel tired

Options
zulaikha
zulaikha Member Posts: 23
edited 22. Aug 2014, 06:59 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hii

so I have been taking hydroxychloroquine for 3 days now and since taking them I feel extremely fatigue, I have a good night sleep I wake up and I'm still tired

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    It might be the med (our bodies need time to adjust and three days is not enough for adjustment or affecting disease activity) or it could be the disease because it's not yet under proper control. Be thankful you have a good night's sleep, however, long may that last. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello and welcome
    There are quite a few people on here that feel rely fatigued after they have take there meds..ie the ones for RA ..they do say it last a couple of days then they feel fine, like DD says good to know you are getting a good nights sleep..hope the tiredness lifts soon for you..
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    I've never had any side effects from hydroxy but one or two people do. As DD says, it could be the hydroxy or it could be the disease as that makes us feel very tired too and the hydroxy's good effects are unlikely to have kicked in yet. Personally, I'd give it a bit longer but, if you're worried, give your rheumatology helpline a call.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright