Mycophenolate anyone?

Mat48
Mat48 Member Posts: 1,075
edited 24. Aug 2014, 10:30 in Living with Arthritis archive
Does anyone here take this DMARD and if so does it work well and how do you find it for side effects please?
If you get lemons, make lemonade

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Sorry, Mat. Never heard of it but I hope it works for you.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Never heard of that one, but good luck anyway.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Mat that is a new one on me, maybe you should google it but sometimes this is a bad idea..hope it helps you xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • Mat48
    Mat48 Member Posts: 1,075
    Thanks for your responses. I've not actually been offered it - and probably won't - but my GP is going to write to my rheumy and suggest it as a possible option as an alternative to Leflunomide or possibly ivig infusions. I am currently off all immunosuppressant meds, having failed to tolerate three DMARDs over three years. But I am still suffering from acute small fiber neuropathy, severely dry eyes and funny red spots on my legs as well as fatigue. My GP thinks this is what he calls a "multi-system autoimmune disorder" and I'm waiting to see a neurologist.

Meanwhile my RA seems to have taken a hike - which would be wonderful if it wasn't for all the other stuff! Two friends with Lupus and one with Vasculitis and another with Sjogrens (online friends) have all suggested this as a DMARD that can modify certain autoimmune vascular and neuropathic symptoms. I think it's actually licenced as an RA drug though. I've heard very good things about it and it doesn't seem to affect people as badly with side effects so I am wondering why no-one seems to talk about it on here or the RA HU either?

http://www.arthritisresearchuk.org/arthritis-information/drugs/mycophenolate.aspx
    If you get lemons, make lemonade