The next step

Options
stevew
stevew Member Posts: 25
edited 25. Aug 2014, 09:43 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello all. Some time ago I tried MBST on my left hip and posted a few times to say how I was getting on. I thought that I would send in one last post on the subject to close off on the matter. It is now just over two years since the MBST was carried out and I can now say with some conviction that it has done nothing other than reduce my bank balance. I believe the staff at the practice really do believe it can and does work and Anne Claire (not sure of the spelling) is a first class physio. However, the proof is in the pudding and for me it just did not work. A pity really as I had high hopes for the therapy and because it failed on me I would not wish to put off anybody else who thinks it may be worth a try.
Regards to all
SteveW

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    You gave it your best shot, Steve, and sometimes that's all we can do. We need to feel we have left no stone unturned.

However, I still firmly believe that, if it worked, it would be available on the NHS.

Keep going with the physio (That does make a difference) and thanks for the update.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello again, and thank you for the update. I am unsurprised by the fact it has had no benefit for you - as a matter of interest did you meet anyone there for whom it had been successful? I hope it hasn't worsened your condition, that is the important thing.

We are vulnerable to the ambitions of others, the ambition usually being to remove money from our bank account to theirs. I fell for the blandishments of an acupuncturist and then a homeopath before I knew it was a form of auto-immune arthritis that was affecting me. Oddly neither of them could diagnose what was going on - so how could they treat it? The fact they couldn't was neither here nor there! I wish you well and I hope the more usual route of GP etc. can help you more. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben